July challenge - Mech Fauna

Deadline for entry:

June challenge VOTE OPEN!

Gaming

04 Jun 2024 11:42 #50475 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

... And now the game folder is 107GB. :argh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2024 19:52 #50480 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I am now a millionaire. :stare:
Well, I am until I need to buy more bank space and/or inventory slots. :dry:
And that may be happening soon as I levelled up to the next set of materials the other day and have started getting Quicksilver and Silverweave in the loot drops. So far I've just been selling it rather than storing it because my actual crafting skills are 4 or 5 levels behind the stuff I can pick up/use/wear but I will eventually have to buy the space to store it.
And then I shall continue the quest of being a millionaire again. :pirate:

05 Jun 2024 11:05 - 05 Jun 2024 11:16 #50481 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Why is it raining all the time :shakefist:
I have to hide in my shelter or I'll freeze to death in minutes (even though it's a tropical island....)
This survival game claims to be extra realistic but seriously, I wouldn't die in minutes if I went out in the rain here, would I? Though I guess it'd be comparable to hours. And a lot of things are overly convoluted, but I still do enjoy it.... for now... Why are almost all survival games on deserted beaches though? :hmm:

Edit: It stopped raining. I went out and chopped a palm tree in the hope that it will give "palm leaves" rather than "a specific sort of palm leaves" and as soon as the tree was down it started raining again :stare: 
(I need "regular" palm leaves to make some clothes to protect me from the weather.... :shrug: )

Edit 2: I braved the rain to cut off the leaves and no... it was feather palm leaves. Just like the coconut palms. And the banana trees give banana leaves. And grow everywhere except where I looked when I needed one to make bandages the other day :pout: 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 Jun 2024 11:15 #50482 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
 If survival was easy everybody would be doing it 

05 Jun 2024 11:17 #50483 by Charlotte
Oops. Hi there. Edited my post as usual :whistle:

and I'm on the easiest setting :stare: It SHOULD be easy-ish.

05 Jun 2024 11:20 - 05 Jun 2024 11:29 #50485 by Charlotte
And this time the rain stopped long enough to let me eat a raw crab (which apparently is good for me although you'd think it wasn't) and put two coconuts in my canoe. Which needs sticks. Though unfortunately there are only short and long sticks. Did I mention this before? :hmm:

Edit: Annoyingly the only wiki for this game is either inaccurate or doesn't reflect the demo. Seems both sticks and palm leaves have been further developed but are still asked for in some items/quests. :facepalm: Not that I've seen any discussions on this issue. Perhaps it's only the demo that has these issues... 

05 Jun 2024 11:39 #50487 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Just read that there's a new expansion coming for Guild Wars 2 that will add player housing. :stare:

05 Jun 2024 11:50 - 05 Jun 2024 11:51 #50488 by Charlotte
About time, that. Not that I've actually played in years :dumb:
But I always lacked the sense of a "home" - there were sort of home areas per race but they didn't feel personal in the slightest.

Edit: Bet the expansion will cost as much as the base game and the base game will be "included for free" so that everyone who already bought it will have to buy it again, as always. :stare: 

05 Jun 2024 13:19 - 05 Jun 2024 13:22 #50491 by Charlotte
...It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring...

Edit: Seriously this is getting ridiculous. I waited all day while it rained (while crocheting in real life) and then had her sleep all night (with a break for peeing and drinking) and it's raining worse than ever! And I can't make clothes :shakefist: 

05 Jun 2024 13:57 #50492 by Charlotte
Even more ridiculousness... I peed and drank before bed so I wouldn't wake up on the verge of dying from dehydration, but then had to get up in the middle of the night to drink and pee and then eat and drink some more and then go back to sleep and still need a drink when I got up. And now it's raining again. At least the clay bowls I made (the function of all pottery seems to be locked in the demo) collect rain water that I can also drink. I made a jug too but I'm not sure how to get the water out of it :dumb:

Anyway, enough of that game for one day. It makes everyday easy-peasy things overly complicated.