April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

19 Mar 2019 14:56 #24162 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

And I can't believe how quick Banj is at pointy click games! The first time I played Fate Of Atlantis I was stuck at Monte Carlo for WEEKS because I didn't have the mask thing from Algiers(?) Of course this was well before internet walkthroughs and Hint-Trons and also before my boredom threshold dropped considerably. :)

I tried several things on whatsisname in Monaco, they didn't work and Sophia said something about decorating my disguise a bit so it seemed obvious to me that I needed an item I didn't have and there were no other things I could interact with there. Went off to Algiers to check that out, saw the mask and thought Ah, that would be what I need. Took mask, went back, completed Monaco. Seemed pretty straight forward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Mar 2019 11:03 - 20 Mar 2019 11:07 #24170 by Banj
Played a bit more last night. There was some backtracking to go and get the ladder I left back in the airlock which I realised I needed to have with me. Then I later went all the way back there again to pick up the discs which I realised I needed to take with me (although with those I left them because attempting to remove them seemed to close the door before :shrug: ).

Dealt with an Octopus. Wanted to kill Sophia. Travelled on a crab. Did some mechanism puzzle, which crashed the game. redid all the stuff that I had done again because the last save was far further back than I thought it was despite saving fairly often. Wanted to kill Sophia. Redid the puzzle thing which didn't crash this time. went round in a circle. Went back hoping to kill Sophia. Not yet sure what to do with the big tunnelling machine thing, even though I have a lever it didn't do much of anything. :hmm:

Hopefully I can kill Sophia...

[edit] Oh, I also downloaded episode one of Life is Strange, so I will give that a go once Indy has managed to kill Sophia er, I mean, finish his mission.

20 Mar 2019 11:51 #24171 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
Have you used the theodolite yet? I remember enjoying that part but can't remember where it was

definitely kill Sophia - :D then definitely play Life is Strange

20 Mar 2019 11:57 #24172 by Banj
Yes, that's the part back in Crete before boarding the submarine.

20 Mar 2019 12:23 #24174 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry:
I've mostly been picking flowers. Apparently they can be used to make drugs. But I'm only in it for the money... (Also I seem to mostly run about in circles not really knowing what Geralt is supposed to do next)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

20 Mar 2019 12:45 #24175 by Banj
Is that better or worse than being killed a lot?

20 Mar 2019 12:52 #24176 by Charlotte
I still get killed a lot. There are some really big, mean plants killing me repeatedly....

20 Mar 2019 14:22 #24177 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Am I the only one who liked Sophia? :dry:
I thought she was one of the best non-player characters in any game I've played, although Alyx Vance in Half Life 2 is still top of the list.

Ah, is that the old "picking flowers for alchemy" trope? :lol:
Takes me back to Morrowind. :cry:
I certainly don't miss the endless "Potion Failed" messages. I hope it's easier for you in The Witcher.

20 Mar 2019 14:27 #24178 by Banj

Am I the only one who liked Sophia? :dry:
I thought she was one of the best non-player characters in any game I've played, although Alyx Vance in Half Life 2 is still top of the list.

I can put up with her. I managed to survive Rose in Metal Gear Solid 2 without doing serious harm to myself, so I can now pretty much tolerate any character.

20 Mar 2019 14:32 #24179 by Charlotte
It doesn't seem you can fail with potions... but you can improve on them in various ways meaning they each take up one slot in your inventory rather than stacking.... :dry:

I rather liked the two Sofias I've worked with but I can't speak for the Sophia in er... Crete/Atlantis/Labyrinth/Wherever