April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

08 Mar 2019 17:59 #24072 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Being throttled is never fun.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Mar 2019 21:07 #24073 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Yes, I've been thinking about going back to finally finish Day Of The Tentacle or maybe just start the still unplayed Sam And Max Hit The Road.
Once you go back, point and click is like a strange addiction that won't let go. I even had a little mess about with AGS again before reminding myself that I can't do pixel art.. :lol:

But it's not the same as Delores and Doug. I miss them already.

08 Mar 2019 21:47 #24075 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Full Throttle completed. I really don't think I will ever want to go back to that one again. I see rave reviews for it with everyone saying how it's one of the greatest point and click adventures ever made, while I'm sitting here thinking it was a pretty poorly designed game and the best thing about it was the end credits.

I also have Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis which I haven't played before.

08 Mar 2019 23:33 #24076 by Valence
You are just too quick, Banj.
It's like you're the pointy-click World Champion, the Usain Bolt of Verb-Noun combinations.

And Fate of Atlantis is DEFINITELY a good one. If you disagree then Kaz will probably ban you. :lol:

09 Mar 2019 00:05 #24077 by Charlotte
I think I want to go back to modern non pixelly game graphics. Point and click games don't have to be pixelly, do they? :dry:

09 Mar 2019 00:32 - 09 Mar 2019 00:34 #24078 by Valence
They do if you don't have a graphics card. :lol:

Although, in non-pixelly news, I think I have finally got the original KOTOR to work on my PC. I managed to pick it up a few months back, along with some other Star Wars things, but Windows 10 really does not like old games on disc, it's painful just getting them to launch at all! But with much fiddling I got it to run the other day without it crashing or corrupting my colour profile (pesky DirectX 9!)

The sequel was one of my all-time favourites so I'm looking forward to experiencing the original. Providing it doesn't crash again. :whistle:

11 Mar 2019 21:44 - 11 Mar 2019 21:45 #24105 by Charlotte
*grumbles* :pout:

I was only gonna kill a biiit of time, and I didn't even like the Witcher game at first. Sooooo much talking, I was wondering if there'd be anything for me to do at all... But then time sort of passed by and I was to stop playing no later than 2 hours ago, I was just gonna finish that eeensy weeensy bit and get myself into the city. And then the dying started. I've no idea how many times I've died now, but I'm stuck in a battle with a stupid hellhound who kills me over and over and over and I don't stand a chance (and there's nothing much I can do either as that's where the game leads to either way, even if I load an earlier save game... at least I don't think I can do anything. I guess I should have prepped some nice strong potions in that cave... :dry:)

11 Mar 2019 22:14 #24108 by Valence
I feel that an easy mode switcheroo is imminent. :)

I continued my new real life quest of trying to get old Star Wars games to work on Windows 10. Jedi Knight 2 will not start at all due to some opengl library issues. :( (And the online fix doesn't work.) But surprisingly, Republic Commando works a treat! So I jumped straight in and was immediately faced with the shock of trying to play an FPS with a mouse and keyboard!
When the hell did that become so difficult?!? I'm sure I've done it before in pre-Xbox times (I remember playing the original Half-Life on PC!) but I've obviously become accustomed to joypads and the "magnetic" easy-aiming crosshairs you get on consoles. And trying to get my left hand to consistently sit on the W-S-A-D keys is challenging to say the least.

Where's that easy mode setting again?

12 Mar 2019 07:00 - 12 Mar 2019 07:01 #24110 by Charlotte
*never learned to use a console*
I tried playing the Witcher with only a mouse but ended up using the wasd keys anyway, for moving around (though I usually find that more difficult - maybe I'm getting used to it, though). And I still killed my mouse battery (just replaced it).

And I refuse to switch to easy mode. I want the alchemy bit. :P

12 Mar 2019 11:49 #24111 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

And I still killed my mouse battery (just replaced it).

So much death and destruction. And, ewww, battery powered mouse :X