March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

14 Mar 2019 15:41 #24127 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
ewww, that looks like secondary school... :ohmy:
at least there was some strangeness at the end of the video - I was starting to wonder if it was a game of completely ordinary every day life... (My niece has a kid's game on my phone called Masha's cooking or something, and her favourite part is.... washing the dishes :?)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Mar 2019 13:15 - 15 Mar 2019 13:19 #24128 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
It seems that episode 1 of the first Life is Strange "season" is actually free on Steam, so I could play as much of it as I played of The Walking Dead :hmm:

[edit] speaking of free, if you like driving at recklessly fast speeds on public roads then you might want to go to Humble and grab Grid 2 while it's free: www.humblebundle.com/store/grid2-spa-bat...pe_twos_tile_index_1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

15 Mar 2019 21:46 #24130 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I do like driving at reckless speeds. I DO! And I am missing Need For Speed and Midnight Club so this sounds splendid! And the minimum specs are "borderline" acceptable! :unsure:

....many new accounts and many hours later...

IT WORKS!! :woohoo:
And WADS driving is even harder than WADS shooting. :lol:
Graphics are pretty good too. And I'm sure that's not a burning smell coming from my Intel HD chip? :nope:

16 Mar 2019 14:05 #24137 by Charlotte
nah, it's just burning tyres.

16 Mar 2019 15:24 #24138 by Valence
:lol:
Oh, no! You've seen my driving. :)
There was indeed plenty of unintended spinning going on.

17 Mar 2019 14:50 #24140 by Valence
:woohoo:
Finally! A race where I didn't come last. :cheer:
OK, I still crashed so many times that the rear bumper was hanging off and the car no longer had doors. :lol: But I made it to second place. I seem to be better at the checkpoint races because the staggered start makes it harder to crash into other cars.
Also I remapped the keys to OPAQ just like the old Spectrum games and that nostalgic memory seemed to make the controls a little easier (shame you can't do that with shooters too but they need extra controls for the camera/look.) But even with that familiarity the cars are still a little twitchy with the oversteer. I bet that means there'll be some compulsory drift racing later. *sigh*

17 Mar 2019 15:36 #24141 by Charlotte
I'm in dire need of cleaning up a bit around here (aren't I always? But tomorrow people will have to enter to check the ventilation...) so I'm not supposed to spend time online, or near the computer. So what am I doing? Well... :dry: I've taken my witcher into the swamps of course. (And defeating the before mentioned beast WAS easy if you just new the one item you needed to get beforehand... *sigh*)

Anyway, my poor Geralt just died again, so I'd better go mop the floors or something.

Btw, I've noticed that he literally shoves people out of his way when he's running through the streets. City guards and old women and everyone in between. Bad manners :giggle:

17 Mar 2019 16:00 #24142 by Valence
It's bad manners for them to be in the way! :)

18 Mar 2019 13:10 #24143 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I began Fate of Atlantis last night. I've arrived at Monaco in search of some guy that I need for some thing. RIP jungle rodent you will be remembered. It's always a shame when they take away items from you that you no longer need, I felt safer with my razor sharp arrow head no matter how completely useless it ended up being.

18 Mar 2019 15:58 #24144 by Valence
The Monte Carlo bit is one of my favourite moments. :lol:
So I definitely won't spoil it. :nope: