April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

31 May 2022 11:38 #40886 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Stop talking about ARK Val, you make me miss the dodos too :(

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 May 2022 19:15 #40889 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

Stop talking about ARK Val

No. :P

Today I just discovered that you can make a fur outfit using human hair (ie. your OWN hair) instead of animal pelts.
Wish I'd known that when I was freezing myself to death trying to get up that northern mountain. :shakefist:

Now where did I put those scissors?
Oh, I never crafted them, did I? :dumb:

31 May 2022 19:41 #40890 by Charlotte
:ohmy:
But how long does it take for all that hair to grow?

31 May 2022 20:07 #40891 by Valence
I don't know but I think it's one of those things you can speed up in the settings. :lol:

31 May 2022 20:24 #40892 by Charlotte
But that's cheating :stare:

31 May 2022 21:14 - 31 May 2022 23:20 #40893 by Valence
Yay, I've got enough "Good" handle parts to upgrade my cudgel in Vampyr! :cheer:

But now I'm encountering the Ill-Formed Skals. :(
There are a surprising number of one and two hit deaths happening (to me!!!) and even after I've managed to kill them (which is rare) I die from the resulting poisonous explosion thingy.

I think I might have to switch to the shotgun/Abyss fighting style again. :eyeroll:

EDIT: Right let's craft those scissors in ARK. :)
Got some metal and flint and... Wait a minute!
Scissors need Obsidian!?! :huh:
Where the hell do you get obsidian?
Up in those northern mountains where it's too cold. :cry:

Never mind. I harvested 300 more chunks of metal with my Ankylosaurus and made some shiny flak armour instead. And then checked on the Dodos...

Gonna need a bigger pen soon as two of them got out. And what's that at the other side?

Two of them are dead. :(
But at least I hatched another one. Unfortunately it tried to follow me when I went off to grab the purple loot crate and when I came back I found it stuck in a corner behind one of the big storage boxes.
I couldn't coax it out so I've had to remove an entire wall piece so that I can grab it from outside...

Kids! :eyeroll:
Attachments:

01 Jun 2022 06:28 #40894 by Charlotte
Baby dodos? You can't leave them alone... I remember them needing care at certain intervals but exactly what kind of care I don't know...

01 Jun 2022 12:19 #40909 by Valence
It wasn't the baby ones that died. I can only pick them up and put them in the pen when they're adults so they stay indoors until I give them the care that they demand. That's why the new one is still stuck behind the cupboard. :lol:
I have a feeding trough there so they can't have starved. I guess they'd just had enough of me like that gallimimus.

I had a look at the resource map and apparently there's some obsidian in that one southern cave that I've been in but it's obviously much deeper than the crystal I harvest there. Unfortunately I recall it being too warm for me in there and I know there are some deadly things further inside. I suppose I could ride in on my raptor (which is parked near there) and then make a run for it but do I really want to risk one of my tames (and the saddle!) just for a pair of scissors? :hmm:

01 Jun 2022 12:54 #40915 by Charlotte
So obsidian is either in too cold areas or too hot areas? Those micro climate changes in ARK was something I found rather annoying.

And the dead dodos looked so small :ohmy: Maybe they got in a fight... You did remember to fill up the trough, I assume? :P

01 Jun 2022 17:22 #40922 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
If you are into old turn based strategy games and Warhammer 40k, there is a free pack on GOG that includes Warhammer 40k: Chaos Gate and some concept art pdf book etc.