April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

26 May 2022 18:26 #40814 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
*claims all the Bioshock games even though I already have two of them and can't even get around to finishing the first one* :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 May 2022 18:46 #40815 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I was hoping I'd get to play a bit of founder's fortune today, with new furniture. I only made two beds so far, but still... Only I'd forgotten how bloody impossible it is to get the collision box and sleeping positions correct. I'm not sure what position the game thinks my beds are in - I'd made them so they wouldn't overlap the walls (which can only be placed at 1 meter intervals) but I had to move them to that they WOULD overlap in order for them to even get close to the walls. Without overlapping. :dry: Then I managed to get the little foundie to sleep in the right place on one bed, used the exact same coordinates for the sleeping position of the other bed and... they sleep half way out of it. Both beds are made in the same position with the same geometry for the bedding, so it's not part of the 3D stuff... but probably those collision boxes. Which are invisible so it's a bit difficult to know where they are. And they're certainly not where they should be. Even if I only place them 0.1 meters differently for the two beds, the in game difference seems to be at least half a meter. :huh:

I've no idea what's going on. As usual. :pout:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

26 May 2022 19:56 #40816 by Valence
Pesky invisible boxes. :shakefist:

Meanwhile in Skellige I barged into one woman's home and found her standing over a strange arrangement of dismembered bodies. :dry:

Dare I ask?
"Just leave me be!" she replies.
Ok, then. I only came in to loot your house anyway. :shrug:
At least she didn't ask to play Gwent over the corpses. I did however have a series of challenging contests with a guy across the road. He kept on beating me thanks to his repeated use of one of those zero point Mysterious Elf spy cards.
I'd love to get my hands on that by beating him.
A few more losses occurred but then finally I played a lovely little move with a decoy to sacrifice the second round while forcing him to play an unnecessary card, leaving me with some high scorers for the final round. Victory! :rock:

And... he didn't give me the lovely Mysterious Elf card. In fact he didn't give me ANY card at all and instead awarded me with six bits of thread!? :pout:
Well, thanks for that. :eyeroll:
Attachments:

26 May 2022 19:59 #40817 by Charlotte
Maybe they're for tying together those dismembered bodies... :hmm:

27 May 2022 11:07 #40820 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Well, you see, what happened there was they couldn't defend themselves because their shields were stuck on the wall behind the candles. This just shows how dangerous naked flames can be in the home.

27 May 2022 11:31 #40824 by Charlotte
:aha:

30 May 2022 22:42 - 30 May 2022 23:01 #40879 by Valence
Look, you really have got me playing ARK again with your dinosaur challenges. :P
I explored a bit and was lucky enough to find a lone Gallimimus that was bouncing around between some trees so I thought taming that would be a good challenge to get back into the habit.
Picked all the necessary berries, sneaked up behing it and started the mad punching to knock it out.
*punch-punch-punch-punch*
Then it got itself trapped by some more trees as I'd planned.
*punch-punch-punch some more*
Then it managed to wriggle free and in a complete panic ran straight at full speed into a rock and killed itself. :(

Oh, well. It's not like I had a saddle anyway. :shrug:

So I went back to my little hut and in the distance saw a big cat skulking around on the horizon. Not a hairy, big toothed one but still big like that, pity that I didn't have my scope at this location to spy a little closer. Maybe I could whip the bolas at it and tame that instead. :woohoo:
But what kind of cat is it? :hmm:
Had a quick google on my tablet and wondered if it was a Thylacoleo, but that would mean it's strayed a long way from its usual habitat to be here at the coast. And (checks wiki) they need a chain bola to capture them. :pout:
But is it really that?
*sneaks a little closer*

And now I see it attacking a big Stego and killing it far too quickly.

Retreat! :giveup: :brb:

EDIT: After a little looky-loo at some YouTube footage it may have been a sabretooth after all (the location would make more sense even if lone ones are rarer) and, being a coward, I obviously just didn't get close enough to see the big teefies. :lol:
Attachments:

31 May 2022 06:04 #40880 by Charlotte
And here I thought it wasn't a cat because it wasn't hairy :dry:
And who would have thought the dinos could commit suicide :blink: Poor things :(

31 May 2022 11:21 #40884 by Valence
When I said "hairy" I was thinking of a big bushy mane. :lol:
The sort that you can easily see from a safe, cowardly distance. :dry:

And speaking of safe, I then returned to my not-at-all-dangerous island to find yet more dodo eggs to hatch. :)

31 May 2022 11:26 #40885 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Look, you really have got me playing ARK again with your dinosaur challenges. :P

I am really very very sorry