May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

22 Mar 2022 15:47 #40141 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:paranoid:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Mar 2022 19:29 #40152 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
No acorns. :cry:

I clearly should have won at least 600, maybe even 800 but obviously that aspect of the online tournaments is no longer supported in an eight year old game. :pout:

Of course I could just buy acorns with real money... 

22 Mar 2022 20:05 #40159 by Charlotte
Find a tree. Pick your own. :aha:

22 Mar 2022 21:26 #40162 by Valence
:eyeroll:

I forgot about acorns and instead stole a helicopter for an upcoming heist in GTA. And with that completed I thought I'd spend some time and (fake) money smartening up Trevor. He's by far my least favourite character due to his grubby, psychopathic nature (the game would be better if he was just an NPC rather than someone you HAVE to play as from time to time) but maybe if I gave him a different haircut, a shave and a suit from Ponsonby's then maybe it would feel different playing as him.
And as I strutted around town looking slightly less like a homeless person some random chap wants me to drive him to his wedding!

OK, then. Shouldn't be too difficult.
Oh, wait-

My dodgy driving skills strike again. :unsure:
It wasn't entirely my fault. I was overtaking and someone else swerved out and- Ok, it was my fault. :shrug:
And now I've got that nice expensive suit wet. :(

Attachments:

23 Mar 2022 07:00 #40164 by Charlotte
Upgraded from nasty hobo to thug. :aha:

23 Mar 2022 13:57 #40167 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
There goes the no claims bonus.

23 Mar 2022 21:39 #40174 by Valence
*sniff*

"Excuse me, madam. Are you the smelly woman?"

*sniff* *sniff*

No, don't just say a generic line! :pout:
Won't somebody please talk to me about the smelly woman???

This little side quest didn't start well when, during the cut scene, the man said "See that pole over there?" the camera pans and I can't see anything cos Roach is in the way. :lol:
Then Geralt seemed to get stuck smelling at a tree and wouldn't move. In the end I had to make him do a silly backwards jump to get his nose away from the smell before he would walk again. And now the instruction of Ask Around is not quite correct. It really means find the single person in this town who you CAN ask. :eyeroll:
Attachments:

24 Mar 2022 14:27 #40179 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
It's the best game ever made and completely flawless in every way. I wont have you besmirch it's good name with baseless accusations 

25 Mar 2022 19:33 #40191 by Valence
Damn mages and their Ice Spikes! :pout:

Was doing the long Skyrim journey south from the college in Winterhold (why can't they have a carriage there? :dunno:) and once again got a bit of harassment from the Skellingtons at Fort Kastav.
It's one of those places where the lookout points are a bit to close to the path so you really need to sneak past to not alert anyone, which isn't too bad on your own but shepherding two companions as well is a bit of a chore. They do have a mind of their own after all and when someone takes a sniper shot at them they do like to start a fight by themselves.
:hmm: Maybe I should just clear out that Fort and then I can walk past peacefully every time. :aha:

*kills a couple of Skellingtons with ease*
*and then dies quickly*

It seems there are two high level mages in the courtyard. :eyeroll:
I'm fine when taking on normal fighty people with my maxed-out two-handed skill and my swishy Ebony Blade but mages do like their ranged magic attacks and when they get those Ice Spikes flying I'm always in trouble. Every hit is painfully accurate and takes out big chunks of health and stamina AND slows me down horribly so that I can't even get close enough to land any blows and I'm soon looking like a dead hedgehog with stabby icicles sticking out of my body.
My own ranged attacks don't help much either as I seem to need about 10 arrows to get their health down whereas they can kill me with two of three shots. And it's not just MY ineptitude either because it's a three vs two assault with my companions and they've already nearly killed Brelyna three times. :dry:

Mages! :rage:

I think I may need to do some enchanting on my armour to Resist Magic a little better. Well, when I eventually get home, that is. :S

26 Mar 2022 16:59 - 26 Mar 2022 18:16 #40193 by Charlotte
At least you don't have two cats constantly interrupting. One wants cuddles and the other treats... :dry:

Edit: I'm base building in Subnautica again. Or rather, I'm ready to begin base building. Thought I'd have fun and build a big base this time (as if Ryan or whatshisname assumes he'll find other survivors) as opposed to trying to keep it relatively small, like I usually do. I decided to go see if someone had added the below zero large room to the original game but after googling it I saw a comment on Reddit saying it would be illegal which, duh, makes sense. (Taking material from one game and making it available to people who didn't pay for that game.)

Anyway, I realised several of the mods I already have had been updated since I last  downloaded them, so instead of base building I guess I'm mod cleaning. :dry: