May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

07 Mar 2022 12:34 #39947 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I liked Skellige, it's a very cool place. I found those flying things far more annoying than dangerous.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Mar 2022 14:52 #39950 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Haven't got close to them yet. Just arrived on the beach, wondered what was casting that shadow and then turned to see the flying things, three of them. What a pleasant greeting that was. :)
I like the look of the Skellige trees though, much nicer than those wavy things in Velen.

So, have you given in to the Elden Ring hype yet?
The internet won't stop telling me about it. :dry:

07 Mar 2022 14:58 #39951 by Banj
I want to get Elden Ring when it isn't £50. Until then I have avoided (as best as it's possible to do so these days) looking at any info on it at all because I like to discover stuff myself 

Skellige has some nice atmosphere to it.

07 Mar 2022 15:09 #39952 by Valence

Skellige has some nice atmosphere to it.

And everyone sounds "Oirish". To be sure.

07 Mar 2022 15:13 #39953 by Banj

08 Mar 2022 00:49 #39968 by Valence

I found those flying things far more annoying than dangerous.

Yes, I see what you mean now.
Can they not just fly a bit ... lower? Please? :dry:
And they're not the dragony type of creature I assumed either. :shrug:

08 Mar 2022 14:01 #39969 by Banj
Ah, well that isn't really the problem, because...
Warning: Spoiler!

You'll find out just how properly irritating they can be later.

08 Mar 2022 15:22 #39970 by Valence
Ugh. Crossbow. :pout:

The only time I relied on that was when I was at such a low level that I had to snipe drowners from behind trees. It's one of those gameplay features that I completely ignore, like blade oils. I've never, ever used one of those. I think I've only used a potion once too. :dumb:

Anyway I ignored the meet up with Yennefer and, in my usual fashion, started exploring in the opposite direction. :)
Found some snotty kid that tried to trick me into being robbed, but I was way ahead of his transparent plan, and then stumbled on an older low level quest that sent me off to a cliff... that had ten of those flying things circling around. :eyeroll:

PS. Autocorrect really wants to change "snipe drowners" into "smile downwards". That would be an odd quest. :lol:

08 Mar 2022 15:43 #39972 by Banj
Ah, a cliff with sirens flying round. I remember one of those. I remember one of those with an item I needed to pick up. I remember going to pick up the item. I remember one of those sirens flying past as I pressed the button to pick up the item. I remember the auto weapon unsheathing activating (despite being disabled in the options) because the thing flew past. I remember the fact that the button to pick things up is the same as the button used to attack with a sword. I remember swinging my sword instead of picking up the item. I remember flying off the side of the cliff to my death.

Ah, memories of terrible game design decisions.

08 Mar 2022 17:15 #39975 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming

...like blade oils. I've never, ever used one of those. I think I've only used a potion once too. :dumb:

That might explain why you die a lot.... Isn't figuring out what oil or potion might help against a specific monster or in a certain situation kind of part of the idea behind the Witcher games? :hmm:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.