May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

12 Feb 2022 12:24 #39563 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I've already eaten worse than that in this game. :dry:

I was gonna try out this week's Epic freebie Windbound last night but I got distracted by Blender thingies. Next week's game looks an interesting one too, I almost bought that once during a sale. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Feb 2022 12:42 #39564 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I'm considering getting Going Medieval on Epic using that 10 USD coupon we?/I got recently. But since I promised to get some art done for actual money, I figured I'd better wait until I was done with that... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

12 Feb 2022 21:00 #39568 by Valence
Come on, Toby! Sherlock finally needs you. :woohoo:

Attachments:

13 Feb 2022 22:49 - 13 Feb 2022 22:52 #39583 by Valence
Oh, the perils of levelling up. :eyeroll:
That much-harder-to-beat dragon is still harassing me in Skyrim. I did manage to complete that other delivery quest in the midst of all the other spoiler drama but this dragon still keeps swooping down and throwing my dead body around.
I almost killed it on one occasion after resorting to my unfavoured archery, managing a couple of critical strikes to knock it to the ground but then just as I went in to deliver my final blow with the blade I foolishly ended up in its mouth again. :facepalm:
So Plan B was attempted, which involved me running away along a path that didn't have any places for it to land.
It did work but then I died while trying to sneak around a Fort to avoid lots of levelled up Undead.
Now listen here, Companions, and listen well! When I'm sneaking you're supposed to be sneaking too! :stare:
Don't go wandering off starting fights! :shakefist:

After than I went over to GTA for a bit of relaxing fun but ended up having to do boring manual labour down at the docks! :blink:
Forklift trucks, operating cranes and then driving long haul cargo trucks. I messed that last one up and seemed to get fired which ruined the mission. :oops:
Where's the Union when you need it? :shrug:

14 Feb 2022 10:07 #39584 by Charlotte
So eventful!
I did end up getting Going Medieval, after much struggling with Epic's sluggishness*

But I haven't played much as so far it mostly consists of gathering and building. And I'm not sure I understand the building and roofing principles... :dry:

*First time I tried, it seemed not to respond so I cancelled. Then when I tried again, the coupon wasn't available. But when I looked at coupons it was there - it was just attached to the cancelled order, so I had to cancel again. Then I tried to pay again and it stopped responding again... This time I just left it alone for an hour or two (i.e. forgot about it) and when I returned it had responded and I could finish the purchase. Then it reloaded a page saying payment was cancelled or something, and the coupon was unavailable again.... :eyeroll: But I had received the game at this point, in spite of them saying the order hadn't gone through.

14 Feb 2022 12:35 #39587 by Valence
Yeah, Epic's launcher has been awkward for the last month. It's fine for running the games but the store does seem to glitch out when grabbing freebies. Must be their servers.

16 Feb 2022 19:32 #39628 by Charlotte
Been playing Guild Wars today. Haven't really done that in ages. No zombie kills yet, though. Mostly rats. And I have been wrangling livestock, too. And I killed a champion almost alone :ohmy: Champions are group efforts or I die, usually. I think I might have managed this one though, but I did get some help right at the end, so I won't ever know for certain. (Of course it helped playing a ranger, as he kept attacking my pets instead of me...)

16 Feb 2022 21:37 #39632 by Valence
I haven't had chance to play anything this week, apart from a bit of Little Nightmares where I'm past the creepy kitchens now.
I still haven't tried out Windbound either. I've obviously been too busy sleeping. :zzz:

17 Feb 2022 22:22 - 17 Feb 2022 22:24 #39639 by Valence
Uh-oh. I'm hungry again. :eyeroll:

Oh, another sausage?
Thank you very much. I'll-
:ohmy:

Warning: Spoiler!

EDIT: Oh, and I've grabbed the Epic freebie Brothers... :aha:
Even though I STILL haven't tried out Windbound. :dry:

18 Feb 2022 21:21 #39641 by Valence
Walter (whoever that is) won't stop knocking on this door even though it's open. :facepalm:

It's so open that I've just pushed past him and walked through it but still he keeps knocking even if I put my face in the way and still it makes that harsh wooden sound. And he won't talk to me.

Perhaps I was supposed to start this quest in a different way. :dunno:

*reloads and tries again*
Attachments: