April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

28 Mar 2022 20:21 - 28 Mar 2022 20:27 #40203 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
The other day when I updated my mods, I also downloaded CustomCrafts2 which I've previously avoided - I can't really recall why. But for one thing I don't think it was catering to making your own food recipes before and it is now. So I tried to make a custom food fabricator. I was going to reuse the images and recipes I had used for a previous food mod where you could change a limited selection of recipes to your liking. It stopped working after the "Subnautica Big Little Update", though. And it turns out I had tossed all those recipes, but I still had the artrage files so I could at least re-export the food and drink images.

As usual I got a bit carried away, but after a while I checked the time and realised I should be getting ready for bed, so I stopped at 4 recipes and opened the game to see if it worked. Short answer. No. Not sure why; I have double checked all the commas and semi colons and parenthesis, so I don't think there are errors in that (anymore). I'm following the included instructions and basing the whole thing off of included sample files. I've saved in the correct folder and I have images for most of the new items... (I have to make use of in game items for the 3D versions, though.) But there's nothing showing for it, in game. Not even a "missing/odd item question mark" thingy or error message or anything.

I wonder if I have to restart the entire Epic launcher and not just the game, to load new mods? Which btw reminds me - if you remember how I said I had the subnautica items on my desktop so I wouldn't have to open Epic to play, I can clean those away now. Because apparently that no longer works and if I click them, they open the Epic launcher.... sloooowly.... :stare:

PS: Oh and I can't recall whether item names are case sensitive... It shouldn't affect the actual fabricator but might result in not being able to find the ingredients in the recipes. Anyhow, all the item IDs listed at the wiki are lowercase while all the IDs used in the example files are LargeCaps on the first letter of each word in the name. I remember it from when I altered that other food mod, but can't recall if it made a difference to use one or the other... And I haven't seen any comments on WHY they are listed in lowercase if you're not supposed to write them in lowercase??? :dunno: 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Mar 2022 21:00 - 28 Mar 2022 21:00 #40205 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Pesky Epic Launcher and mod updates. :pout: :aha:

Meanwhile...
Eew. Stop that, Chop. 

Attachments:

29 Mar 2022 05:59 #40208 by Charlotte
Is that from Justin Timberlake's new video "Pee me a River"? :blink:

29 Mar 2022 11:52 #40214 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I think he may need to visit a vet and get checked out. 

29 Mar 2022 18:27 #40225 by Charlotte
I managed to get my new Subnautica fabricator thingy to work. And then I broke it again. And quitting and reloading the game every time I make one small change just to see if it works or not, takes forever. :cry:

29 Mar 2022 18:32 #40226 by Banj
Sounds fishy.

29 Mar 2022 20:41 #40227 by Charlotte
I really need to get myself to bed (and stop fiddling with that mod!)
:stare:

30 Mar 2022 06:03 #40228 by Charlotte
I managed to get the fabricator/Cooker back into the game and even add a couple of "recipes" for combining the half-full water bottles into full bottles, but I also found that the images used for the tabs as well as the in game items used for the 3D (I think, anyway) has to be on a food list made by the person who made the customcrafts mod. Which annoys me, as I was hoping to be able to use the likenesses of other items for that brief moment you see a 3D object take shape. Like a cup, or a jar. And for some reason, although water bottles do exist in game, they appear as a black cube when being constructed by my little cooker....

And I really wish I knew how to add 3D items. It'd be more fun. After the swearing and cursing and tearing one's hair is finished. :dry:

30 Mar 2022 12:59 #40232 by Banj

After the swearing and cursing and tearing one's hair is finished. :dry:

Is this part of the mod?

30 Mar 2022 13:02 #40233 by Charlotte
:dry:
It's a vital part of modding...