April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

07 Dec 2018 18:22 #23039 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2018 13:08 #23091 by Banj
Humble bundle has Lego The Hobbit going free for another day or so: www.humblebundle.com/store/lego-the-hobb...pe_twos_tile_index_1

GoG has LucasArts Full Throttle Remastered for free as well for those that like their pinty clicky adventures: www.gog.com/game/full_throttle_remastered

14 Dec 2018 18:25 #23096 by Banj
And speaking of free games, the pretty awesome Subnautica is currently available for free on Epic: www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/subnautica/home

14 Dec 2018 21:26 #23098 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Looks and sounds like a cool game. Installing now. :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

14 Dec 2018 21:32 #23100 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Wow! So much free! :woohoo:

16 Dec 2018 16:11 #23116 by Charlotte
Damn you Banj! :shakefist: I was supposed to do USEFUL things today, not play subnautica!!!

16 Dec 2018 17:43 #23117 by Valence
I'm sure the characters in the game think it's useful. :)

16 Dec 2018 17:48 #23118 by Charlotte
I doubt it. Most seem to be missing or dead. (Just "me")

16 Dec 2018 21:36 #23119 by Valence
Missing or dead? Hmm, that reminds me.

Previously on Morrowind...

I found another dead body yesterday.

Apparently that death was drug-related in some way. I didn't even realise (or had forgotten :whistle:) that Vvardenfell had a substance abuse problem until I completed a little quest where I killed some naughty ruffians and walked away with their loot, including something called Moon Sugar which had a decent value attached to it. However when I tried to sell my wares none of the merchants wanted to deal with me any more. :( They didn't want "my kind" in their establishments.
After chatting with the locals I discovered that Moon Sugar is the main ingredient of the drug Skooma and unsurprisingly people don't like drug-dealers flouncing around their town. (I was lucky I didn't bump into a guard because I would probably have been dumped in jail as a result of their stop-and-search policies. :lol:)
Anyway, I offloaded all the Moon Sugar to the nearest willing alchemist and then remembered that I'd recovered a "Skooma pipe" from that dead body although the note implied that it belonged to someone else. So I returned the pipe to its owner and closed the case! And they rewarded me with... more Moon Sugar! These drug addicts never learn. :shrug:

And now briefly fast-forwarding through subsequent episodes of this compelling show...
I had a rather weird encounter with a naked barbarian and a "festering" witch who were squabbling over an axe. Festering or not, I kind of agreed with the witch but I ended up killing them both because I wanted the axe as well. It seems like a good weapon but my axe stats are still pretty poor despite levelling up a couple of times. Also the witch had this staff that damaged my "personality." Pfft! What difference does that make, I thought. The consequence was that suddenly everyone hated me and it was surprisingly annoying! It was almost like real life! :lol: But unlike real life, recovery potions ensued.
And lastly... I have finally made an effort to do one of the main story quests instead of my usual odd jobs and stealing/trading, and now I have in my possession that Dwemer Puzzle Cube from the ruins! :excited:

Join us again next week for another thrilling episode of... Morrowind.

16 Dec 2018 22:22 #23120 by Charlotte
Meanwhile I'm mostly busy trying to find salt so I can make bleach so I can make clean water before I get dehydrated from all that swimming around trying to find salt. Drinking bleached water doesn't sound very appetizing to me, they should have come up with another way of making water safe to drink... (Everything* else is high tech after all). How about ozone or UV light or something like that?

*OK, not everything. But a lot of stuff is. Like the Fabricator that can put together almost anything from almost nothing. But why, if it removes spines, intestines and other inedible parts of fish before cooking it, does it need to replicate the original fish look and texture? Why not make everything tasty and appetizing instead? It's obvious it was an engineer who invented that thing, and not me...)