April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

09 Nov 2018 14:48 #22725 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

...got them on a CD from someone...

Was it this guy? :pirate:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Nov 2018 15:01 #22727 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Probably...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 Nov 2018 21:13 #22729 by Valence
Software piracy was much "better" in the days when you had to connect two tape recorders together (making sure you plugged the leads into the right sockets), press play on one, press record AND play (at the same time) on the other and then sit there for an hour while it screeched away, slowly copying your friend's games onto a C90.
Then you tried to play them and realised you should have plugged those leads into the OTHER sockets!

09 Nov 2018 21:36 #22731 by Charlotte
:lol:
well I never did any of that piracying myself (except for music casettes of course...)
I once got a Photoshop copy from dad, who'd gotten it from a friend, and dad thought it wasn't a pirate copy because it WAS the real photoshop (on a non-original CD with a slip of papers with codes). Like the gangstas would sit and code something from scratch that just looked like photoshop :p

Anyway I always felt a bit guilty when using Photoshop, but I did use it, up until I got ArtRage.

10 Nov 2018 16:25 #22735 by Valence
Was that the Photoshop that Adobe accidently gave away on their own website?
I think EVERYONE has that. :lol:

The first time I used "proper" Photoshop was when I got a refurbished PC that still had someone else's files on it. (It was some woman who had loads of pet rats and liked Sega Megadrive emulator games.) I should have wiped it but the Photoshop was too good to lose. :)

10 Nov 2018 16:42 #22737 by Charlotte
I don't think so.... this was around 20 years ago...

13 Nov 2018 08:45 #22754 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
So I finished Detroit Become Human this weekend (I was playing it every night for a while to make it last) Such a great game. Lots of stories. Obviously I got everyone killed apart from one, as I only seem capable of keeping one person/robot alive in every game I play!

Highly recommend this

13 Nov 2018 12:05 #22761 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

So I finished Detroit Become Human this weekend (I was playing it every night for a while to make it last) Such a great game. Lots of stories. Obviously I got everyone killed apart from one, as I only seem capable of keeping one person/robot alive in every game I play!

Highly recommend this

Have you played Until Dawn? I'm sure you can manage to get everyone killed in that too :P

Meanwhile I was beating up criminal scum in Arkham Origins, and will at some point begin beating up criminal scum in Arkham Knight.

13 Nov 2018 12:44 #22768 by Charlotte
:dry: I'm gonna go feed my zoo...

13 Nov 2018 13:09 #22769 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
I have played Until Dawn, I have 2 people left, and I have to go find that thing. I stopped playing at that point as my shooting skills are worse than my keeping people alive skills. It wouldn't end well :D Fantastic game though.