April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

13 Nov 2018 13:16 #22771 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I've never played either of them myself, but I have seen a playthrough of Until Dawn. If I ever get a PS4 it's on my list of games to get (hopefully I will have forgotten enough to make playing it worthwhile).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Nov 2018 13:18 #22772 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
I was genuinely scared to play at one point, it was like being in the middle of a horror movie and knowing something was coming. You know the story now but I think you will still enjoy it.

Also get a PS4 and play Life is Strange. Just do it.

13 Nov 2018 13:26 #22773 by Banj
Well it does have the benefit of different decisions producing different outcomes. So not every playthrough is going to be the same.

13 Nov 2018 13:50 - 13 Nov 2018 13:50 #22774 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Like Guild Wars :aha: :p

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

13 Nov 2018 13:57 #22775 by Banj
Yes, yes... exactly like Guild Wars :eyeroll:

13 Nov 2018 14:41 #22776 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:cry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

13 Nov 2018 14:47 #22777 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming

Well it does have the benefit of different decisions producing different outcomes. So not every playthrough is going to be the same.

You'd have a completely different play through than my dead lot :D

13 Nov 2018 21:26 #22779 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I'm glad I'm not the only one who watches the stories of games I'll never get to play. :lol:

My favourite "Game-To-Watch" is still The Last Of Us. It's better than most movies.

14 Nov 2018 11:30 #22780 by Banj
Usually I actually try to avoid watching anything for games that I haven't already played if they are story based or have any kind of exploration/discovery, on the off-chance that I will someday play them I want to experience them with no prior knowledge.

It's annoyingly difficult to avoid info on things these days. It's like films, a lot of the time you already know all about everything that happens in minute detail before it's even been released. :shakefist:

14 Nov 2018 22:01 - 15 Nov 2018 03:00 #22792 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Come...
Join me once more on my travels through Vvardenfell.

Even the basic quests in Morrowind are now becoming challenging to me. The Fighter's Guild want me to kill a couple of egg poachers (no, not poached eggs. People who steal eggs. :)) Sadly the two of them kill me every time, so I clearly need to level up again. :eyeroll: Meanwhile Sugar-Lips is asking me to nick a key off some guy which requires a bit of pickpocketing. And pickpocketing is hard! I can sneak up to him without him seeing me (although he does seem to get a bit paranoid, glancing around over his shoulder) but when I make a grab for the key he always turns around and then everyone in the room get involved in the subsequent fight! Death ensues, my death.
In more positive news I have found someone who offers a better price for the spare diamonds. *Kerching*
Also, while snaffling those gems I noticed that the alchemist also sells mortar and pestles, and one set was for the stonking price of 4000 gold coins! It's practically ASKING to be stolen! :evil:

So I decided to try my hand at a bit of magic and used the Moonshadow invisibility spell. And with my ghostly transparent hands waving in front of my face, I tiptoed forward from behind the corner and grabbed the goodies right from under the guard's nose! It was surprisingly thrilling!

The slight downside is that none of the local merchants actually have enough money to buy it off me. :eyeroll: It kind of defeats the whole purpose of theft if you can't flog it.

And so it came to pass that once more did I have to research online. :)
Apparently there's a guy called Creeper in Caldera who buys things up to 5K. More bizarrely, there's also a talking crab somewhere near Vivec that has 10K to spend, but he's hard to find and I don't like Vivec (the last time I went there I got lost, fell in the water and couldn't get out again!)
So I think my next move is to pack up and leave Balmora for the riches of Caldera to flog my loot to Creeper. Maybe then I'll be able to afford some training to improve my fighting stats! :pirate:

EDIT: Creeper doesn't want to buy alchemy gear. Bloody typical! :shakefist: