April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

15 Nov 2018 08:10 #22795 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:blink: :giggle:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Nov 2018 14:13 #22804 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

(the last time I went there I got lost, fell in the water and couldn't get out again!)

If you couldn't get out again how were you able to carry on adventuring? Something doesn't add up here. I think this game is a work of fiction :confident:

21 Nov 2018 22:23 #22848 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I found another dead body yesterday. This is the third one I've randomly stumbled across on my travels. (The first was the magician fellow who fell from a great height and the second was the murdered tax collector.)
I was just roaming the countryside looking for potion ingredients (I've suddenly become interested in alchemy AFTER selling that equipment! :lol: I had to travel quite a distance to find someone to buy it and then only got 30% of it's value! Wish I'd kept it!) and while searching for those obscure but necessary leaves I saw something in the grass ahead. I got out the trusty sword and went into sneak mode, thinking it was some kind of beast that was gonna annoy my ankles to death!) but as I prepared to strike I finally recognised it as a body lying face down. Took all his stuff, obviously, and there was also a note that I didn't understand. :hmm: I'll have to ask around and investigate... again!

Also I've been having a go at Doom 3. It's quite good fun, slightly creepy and tense (not as scary as Ravenholm, mind you) and has lots of splashy blood and gore. :) One minor irritation is the way that you have to put your gun down to use the flashlight when peering into the darkness. I'm sure the character has two hands! Is it too much to ask to shine and shoot at the same time?!

22 Nov 2018 11:42 #22851 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
I just started to read the messages and Vals first sentence scared me :D

I don't understand watching play throughs, well I do but not games I might want to play.

However i might make an exception for The Last of Us as i'm too crap to play it, those twitchy zombie things get me every time.

22 Nov 2018 12:51 - 22 Nov 2018 12:53 #22853 by Valence
:lol:

I think I'm turning into Vvardenfell's version of Jessica Fletcher. Wherever I go I find dead bodies. Going for a walk in a new town? Corpse! Trying to get a job? Corpse? Picking some flowers? CORPSE! :)
Last night though, I gave my Morrowind disc a much needed rest and dug out Jedi Knight 2. I haven't played it for a while and I quickly remembered why... Those snipers in Nar Shaddaa are horribly frustrating. :(

I wouldn't watch a complete playthrough if I had a chance of playing the game, although when I get stuck on something I do watch up to that point for much needed tips, even though it doesn't always help. I still don't understand how people do that Need For Speed challenge from a few posts back despite watching it repeatedly.

22 Nov 2018 13:16 #22855 by Banj

:lol:

I think I'm turning into Vvardenfell's version of Jessica Fletcher. Wherever I go I find dead bodies.

I wanted them to make a special final episode of Murder She Wrote where it is revealed that Jessica Fletcher is a genius serial killer, and that all the deaths she has "investigated" were actually caused by her and cleverly pinned on innocent people that she manipulated into believing they were guilty. :hmm:

22 Nov 2018 13:25 #22857 by Charlotte
:D
We used to watch that series when I still lived at home and I have such mixed feelings. I don't mind a nice little murder now and then, but I could never stand that Jessica Fletcher character (or maybe it was the Angela Lansbury acting, I'm not sure I can tell the two apart).

22 Nov 2018 15:04 #22859 by Valence
At least no-one would suspect me of these frequent deaths. I'd just have to show them by combat stats, I can still barely kill anything bigger than a single rat!
I recently got attacked by one of those swooping Cliff Racer things. I fired a couple of arrows, waved a sword... until I got too "tired." :eyeroll: So I tried to run away but the damn thing chased me. Eventually I made my way into the nearby town where one of the local guards helped me out and killed it for me with a single swipe.
I felt kind of pathetic after that. :blush: You don't become a fearsome warrior by hiding behind the policeman. :lol:

22 Nov 2018 15:10 #22860 by Charlotte
well, you don't become a fearsome warrior by dying in your first fight either. sometimes hiding might be the best plan :P

22 Nov 2018 15:10 #22861 by Banj

waved a sword... until I got too "tired." :eyeroll:

Well, swords are heavy :unsure: