April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

03 Aug 2017 14:05 #17308 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
The only controls you actually need to use most of the time are WASD and the mouse. I haven't used any abilities for most of the game, I just hit stuff with LMB or RMB. the rest of the keys you can just look at the keyboard because they are things to use in between any combat (e.g J for mission journal, M for map, ALT to free the mouse pointer to click on menus etc).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Aug 2017 14:23 #17309 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
Yeah I was just bashing lmb &
Hoping for the best :D i’ll have another play later

03 Aug 2017 16:24 #17311 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I don't even use the ASD kys much. I use S whn I need to back up a bit I'm I'm too close to something that needs to be examined or so... I TRY to dodge left/right with A D or arrow keys sometimes but I usually just hit the wrong buttons and those darn Ak'ab knock me over anyway. And then I kill them.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

03 Aug 2017 16:54 #17313 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Gaming
Well, at least it appears to be keeping you folk entertained. ;)

I've never actually tried a MMORPG myself, but I did just take a look at a few vids on it. ... I've only fooled with a few games over the years myself, preferring RPG's and in third person. - Like I've always enjoyed the Fable games, as well as the Assassin's Creed, and the Splinter Cell games. I prefer the Fantasy stuff, but I also like the stealth and assassin abilities with Splinter Cell and the like, but have to say the shooting (namely Sniper mode) was always fun.

My son actually showed me one about a year or so ago called STYX, (think there's a few versions now?) which I was able to download for free on XboxOne to try. Main character is an ornery/rude little Goblin, actions are a bit simplistic really, but it was quite enjoyable. Never did get to finish it though, lack of free time.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

03 Aug 2017 17:29 #17315 by Digital Dave
Actually just looked up STYX and it appears there are three versions. The first was Of Orcs and Men (Never saw that one) and then STYX - Master of Shadows (The one I played) and a new version STYX - Shards of Darkness. Might have to check that one out. ... For anyone who might like this type of game. :)

If this goes through, it's the new one, showing the main character.

Attachments:

03 Aug 2017 18:31 - 03 Aug 2017 19:17 #17316 by Charlotte
What kind of game is STYX?

I'd totally missed how to join the current event in SWoL, secretworldlegends.com/news/the-whispering-tide/
I'd seen the event rewards but wasn't sure what to do to open them.... Hmm and now a new TV series starts in 30 minutes. I probably won't be able to join any events today :P

EDIT: looked it up but I can't say the website is very informative :P Does everyone play the goblin (i.e. no character customization at all?)

03 Aug 2017 19:22 - 03 Aug 2017 19:24 #17317 by Digital Dave
I can only speak on the one I've played, Styx - Master of Shadows. It's a cool little game, where you are a Goblin and get to run around a very large environment of a mid-evil castle. (You have some basic memory issues, and as mentioned, he's quite crude/rude at times. You basic Goblin, I should say :) )But you basically use the shadows to your advantage, figure out ways to skirt around guards (Or take them out) and make you way through the different segments. Some are strategic based rooms you have to figure out, some you have to use powers, like cloning yourself to distract guards or get to places that might not accessible in true form. You can put out fires (wall torches) to create shadows, hide bodies of those you dispose of not to attract attention of the living, etc.

Overall I think it's a pretty entertaining game, and it's what I thought of after reading all the previous post on that other game you all have been discussing. Never tried to insert a video link, but I looked up a trailer for it, if this works.

04 Aug 2017 19:38 #17353 by Dragon6261
Replied by Dragon6261 on topic Gaming

I am rubbish controlling a mouse AND keyboard :D very bad coordination. Would much prefer a controller. Dragon i’m the same, I never know which key i’m pressing!

The same here!!!!

04 Aug 2017 22:30 - 04 Aug 2017 22:56 #17357 by Charlotte
*Mutters about the stupid Orochi throwing her out of camp before she's even managed to enter the darn place...*

EDIT: hmmm I wonder if I was meant to release a toxic gas that would not only clear the area but kill me? Maybe there's a gas mask somewhere? :hmm:

EDIT 2: I guess I'm just supposed to be faster. But one has to wonder why the Orochi agents just throws you out instead of killing you whenever you trespass. I'm getting tired of "sneaking" into their camp (after so many tries I've lost count) lol, bedtime for me.

06 Aug 2017 18:19 #17414 by Charlotte
I think I need to learn morse code. It seems to come in handy in this game to know it by heart... o.O