April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

21 Jul 2017 21:21 #17082 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I always think of real people as being NPCs. Just let them utter their banal lines and then carry on with the mission! :lol:

The only flirting I ever recall from a game was in Fable ("Heeey!") and I think there was male flirting in that too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jul 2017 13:35 #17138 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I finally finished the original Halo last night!

But it wasn't the difficulty that made me take so long. It was more to do with fact I frequently abandoned it due to those ultra boring sections where you repeatedly have to shoot the same three aliens in identical rooms over and over again. And those warthog controls got me very frustrated in that final escape. :mad:

29 Jul 2017 13:43 #17140 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
"Warthogs and Aliens" - sounds like a movie title :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

30 Jul 2017 08:38 #17145 by Dragon6261
Replied by Dragon6261 on topic Gaming

I finally finished the original Halo last night!

But it wasn't the difficulty that made me take so long. It was more to do with fact I frequently abandoned it due to those ultra boring sections where you repeatedly have to shoot the same three aliens in identical rooms over and over again. And those warthog controls got me very frustrated in that final escape. :mad:

I still have not finished yet!!!!

31 Jul 2017 17:34 #17179 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I downloaded Secret World of Legends yesterday

It is supposed to release on Steam today but hasn't yet. Not that it matters as I went with the not Steam version already anyway. (insert rant about game here)

31 Jul 2017 18:09 #17183 by Charlotte
:lol: I've never seen you use so many "ugly words" as when you ranted about it the other day... Actually I'm starting to get more annoyed than amused too. Mostly with the map (who decided to make all traversable terrain black and then not match the grey ridges of rock on the map with the terrain?) but yesterday the same darn clown killed me three times in a row. First there's no damage, no damage, no damage and then you're dead. I looked it up and apparently it's like that for everyone so it's at least not just me being terribly bad...

01 Aug 2017 09:52 #17192 by Banj
Would that be the guy in the theme park? Because it happened to me the first time I went in there. Most of my deaths actually come from crashes though. It's even more annoying when it also smacks you with a permanent debuff that you are forced to spend a huge amount of Animaniac points to be rid of.

That's nothing compared to the mind-boggling stupidity of some of the puzzle solutions when the clues lead you directly to a specific answer but it isn't the answer the developers decided it should be. Or the moments when you apparently complete a section of a mission without know how or what you did for it to decide that was good enough to send you on to the next part.

(further rant here)

01 Aug 2017 10:01 - 01 Aug 2017 10:02 #17193 by Charlotte
yeah that'd be the fairground clown in one of Winter's quests. I'm not sure I've been through the other situations you describe yet... Unless trying to trace that damn car PGS is one of them. Travel east (only one way to choose from), take the second exit and turn right. No such thing... Oh well, I'm just doing some mopping up and mean while I guess I might find that darn GPS thing place informant too. When next i play. I didn't yesterday! :ohmy: - I was too bored to wait for a new TV series to start on TV so I went to bed instead :P Which was probably good as it enabled me to get up this morning and get back to work after my much too short 4 week vacation...

oh and edit... I don't think 100 animathingies is that much? Or was it a thousand? :unsure: I only had to pay once, so far...

01 Aug 2017 10:13 #17194 by Banj
It was 1000 to de-curse me after I died in the Illuminati sewer when it refused to accept the correct answer in the puzzle floor. It was 600 I believe when I died after the last crash which occurred during the Innsmouth University mission where you have to agro some enemies and kite them to the trap thingy you just placed on the ground. It crashes just after I got the enemies attention. And when you get back to your body your weapons don't work so you can't defend yourself against the enemies that previously killed you and are right next to your body until you un-equip and re-equip them.

The GPS thing you have to go the opposite direction because you are retracing the route he took to get to that point. That said I ended up in a completely different location to the one you are supposed to end up at. I was more annoyed by the password to the computer. :omg::rage:

01 Aug 2017 10:48 #17197 by Charlotte
oooh backwards... of course. :facepalm:

WHICH computer password? There are like tonnes of them...

(I've never needed to reequip my weapons. Guess that comes from reanimating at the honeybee wells)