April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

17 Sep 2019 01:00 - 17 Sep 2019 01:01 #25967 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I made a potion in Skyrim! :argh:

I'm not sure what it does. (Something about stamina?) And I can't even remember the ingredients I used. :dunno:
I was just messing about with random things at the Alchemy lab and for once was surprised to not get the Potion Failed message.
There truly is a first time for everything. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Sep 2019 11:09 #25977 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Install yet another launcher :eyeroll: and get GTA San Andreas for free: socialclub.rockstargames.com/rockstar-games-launcher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

19 Sep 2019 11:28 #25978 by Valence
I came very close to buying that on Steam last week for three and a half coins. Glad I didn't, I would have been really, really, REALLY annoyed now. :lol:

One more launcher is always depressing but I'll probably grab it when I get to my PC. That's another load of mods to search through. :)

19 Sep 2019 11:49 #25979 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
And I purchased yet another expansion to GW2 even though it's been ages since I played and coonsidering they always offer up previous content for free when they have something new to sell, I probably should have waited until next time.

If you're a new player, you can install the base game for free and then buy path of fire, getting heart of thorns for free, for like 30 euro. If you're an old player like me, you bought the base game, bought heart of thorns and bought path of fire... :dry: Seems rather unfair to me.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

19 Sep 2019 19:42 #25980 by Valence
Never played Guild Wars. The multiplayer aspect always puts me off games like that. I don't really like my quests being ruined by sweary teenagers from random places around the world. :lol:

I grabbed my GTA freebie but haven't installed yet (it's rumoured to be a bit glitchy on PC.) And speaking of freebies Epic are now giving away SIX Batman games! :ohmy:
That's 3 Arkham games and 3 Lego ones... I think.

19 Sep 2019 21:29 #25982 by Charlotte
I'm not sure I see the point of digital lego. Real lego seems more fun.
And I always played GW solo and can't say I ever had a quest ruined ;) They have some events where people come together to take out the enemy though and I think it's quite fun. No need to talk to anyone, but if you want you can help heal others and if you go down they help heal you.

19 Sep 2019 22:19 #25984 by Valence
There was a hilarious thing in Warcraft recently where all the online players had to form an orderly queue to wait their turn to complete a quest. :lol:

Personally I like to play games to get away from people in that anti-social way, so it's always single-player or nothing. :P

20 Sep 2019 09:46 #25985 by Charlotte
:D oh dear, I think I would have just waited a day or two, to play...

and I remember trying to search for "anti-social games". Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the correct term for them. Maybe next time I'll try "single-player" instead :aha: Though I still think it'd be nice to have a friend or two to play with sometimes. :dry:

20 Sep 2019 11:36 - 20 Sep 2019 11:37 #25986 by Valence

Though I still think it'd be nice to have a friend or two to play with sometimes.

That's what AI followers are for. :)
"I am sworn to carry your burdens," says Lydia for the millionth time. :lol:

Now that I've grabbed ALL those Batman games I thought I'd better try to make some progress on the first one that I already own. And after much frustration, dying, online research, more dying ...etc... I finally managed to defeat Bane.
The trick to beating him was to keep your distance, allowing him to run into walls while stunned and then only moving close to fight him when one of his three (THREE!?) health bars was low. :aha:

20 Sep 2019 12:19 #25987 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I already had 4 of those 6 Batman games, although 1 of those is on the PS2, and 2 are on the PS3. I guess I'll be able to replay them on the PC with slightly better looking graphics. Maybe I'll finally get that last gold brick in the first Batman Lego game that was a nightmare to get and left me on 99% completion :shakefist: