April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

30 Aug 2019 12:13 #25820 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
what, you have to rotate the entire planet? :blink: and do the lock picks break if you don't? Oh wait, that was Fez not Skyrim.... where's the dizzy emoji? Do we have a dizzy emoji? :dizzy:

I'm still discovering new things in Subnautica, which is cool. Like, you CAN access the prawn suits storage from inside the cyclops.... and here I've been forever trying to remember to empty the storage before docking... :facepalm:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Aug 2019 12:23 #25821 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Not within the Moonpool though sadly.

30 Aug 2019 12:33 #25827 by Charlotte
ah, well I'm keeping the moonpool for the seamoth anyhow. But now I don't have to drop the prawn when I get home, I don't actually need to "park" the cyclops as accurately either. Though I rather like having a "runway" for it :P

30 Aug 2019 19:07 #25840 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
In Skyrim there are quite a few magical stone circles scattered around and when you "activate" them you get special perks and powers. Some give you more damage to your weapons, others boost your health and some effect your magicka.
Anyway I remembered there was one near Valtheim Towers called the Ritual Stone, I went back there to activate it. Like this...

Lovely.
You see, the Ritual Stone gives you the power to reanimate corpses to fight for you.
Woah, wait a minute! Now I know that if you've been watching this Skyrim show and have seen previous episodes then you're probably way ahead of me and have guessed the ending of this story. :)
So, here it is.
Of course it's about Ghunzul again! The dead orc who just won't sit down like a good boy. I went back home with my new power and... Well, see for yourself.

"Wakey, wakey, Ghunzul!"
Now all we need is James Brown singing, "Get up! Get on up!"
And just look at him now. He's like a new man orc!

Oh, and isn't that sweet? He wants to fight for me so much that he's strutting around like Mike Tyson! :lol:

So I killed him again! :evil:
And he still won't sit down properly. :eyeroll:
Attachments:

30 Aug 2019 19:20 #25841 by Charlotte
fight FOR you, and you killed him? You should have first led him off to some out of the way dung heap or something, though...

30 Aug 2019 19:43 - 30 Aug 2019 20:07 #25842 by Valence
If you want to fight for me then you'd better learn how to sit down first! :lol:

I did try raising him again and leading him away but when he got out of the door he dropped dead instantly outside. So he was still in the way, just in a slightly different place. :shrug:

Edit: Also the magic doesn't last very long. He would have died anyway after a couple of minutes so I didn't hurt his feelings when I killed him a second time. :dry:

30 Aug 2019 21:04 #25844 by Valence
Oh, and I remembered to go to the Epic store to claim "Inside" and while there I noticed that one of next week's freebies is an underwater diving game called ABZU. So if you don't have it and want some ocean exploring fun away from Subnautica then that might fill the gap. :)

30 Aug 2019 21:42 #25845 by Charlotte
I think I'll stick with Subnautica. I'm such a loyal fan (and I didn't quite like the graphics of abzu)

and I do think you might have hurt his feelings, but he forgot quickly :P

I've been playing some more No man's Sky today. I think it'll get more enjoyable once I get better acquainted with it, but I guess I've come to a point where I should just start over if I want to make a good start... I've built a house today. It's funny in two ways.
First you get atomic carbon from plants, and then you build a shelter out of wooden planks. (Why not carbon fiber or some such?)
And second, all you need is a bit of roof over your head (walls are unimportant apparently) and you're protected from the radioactive storms...

31 Aug 2019 00:35 #25846 by Valence

I think I'll stick with Subnautica. I'm such a loyal fan

Yeah, I was like that with Morrowind.... and then Skyrim came along! :P

But I have just had a go back in Vvardenfell. I tried to do a quest at an egg mine (I know that you love that egg mine concept. :lol:) Without the luxuries of Skyrim's quest markers I asked around for directions from Suran and then set off and... got lost. :blush:
I got confused between East and West again. That happens a lot to me and not just in video games either.
So I quickly forgot about the egg mine and stumbled upon some other side quests involving a Camonna Tong bounty hunter (Killed him!) quite a few slaves at a plantation (couldn't free them, there was no key!) and a couple of weird guys who were out in the countryside watching mating Kagoutis! :huh:
That last one sounded like a very unlikely story. I'm sure there was something else going on between the two of them. :lol:

And if your walls are unimportant... what's holding up the roof?!

31 Aug 2019 08:24 #25848 by Charlotte
ok, not that unimportant.... but you don't need them to stop the wind...

those weird guys were probably biologists :aha: