April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

20 Sep 2019 13:34 #25990 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Sep 2019 21:33 #26001 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

Though I still think it'd be nice to have a friend or two to play with sometimes.

That's what AI followers are for. :)

I just did a quest that required a lot of vampire killing and Arissa kept getting to them before I could!
I started by creeping around and firing off an arrow then she charged past me with the big axe! :pirate:
Suddenly I have to switch weapons and then chase after her and half of them are dead before I get there. I can't increase my stats if you do all the work.
I'll try and tell her to wait next time. :eyeroll:

Meanwhile Fez now tells me I've completed it 100%...
...even though I haven't. :dunno:

I've got 32 cubes (some of which are anticubes) so I can open the last door ... wherever that is!
I saw it once but can't remember what room it was in and the map is no help at all. And I've still got loads of secrets/treasures I haven't got, but I do find those cypher puzzles rather tedious and incongruous. (Left, Left, Right, Left, Left, Right, Up, Jump, Right and yay, I get something but HOW?? and WHY???)
So I'm not sure I if I can be bothered chasing them all down but never mind. 100% complete, apparently. :dry:

21 Sep 2019 22:21 #26002 by Charlotte
sounds like you'd better just accept those 100% and move on :D

22 Sep 2019 17:21 - 22 Sep 2019 17:22 #26004 by Charlotte
I changed to a new starship today. It has a lot more inventory space. The last one was called Wings of Inevitability which sounded OK to me so I left it like that. The new one was named Forge of Nanany. :dry: I considered naming it Force of Banany (or Banananana) but settled for the infinitely better Spaceous Jumper :dry:
Which I apparently misspelled, too.

Oh, and I learned that you get new technology and cargo exosuit slots the same way you get the ordinary inventory once - you just change the tab when buying. I guess that's considered "obvious" to everyone else because neither game nor game wikis explain that, anywhere...

Yesterday I learnt that the item I've been calling purply roots is actually called pulpy roots. I really do learn something new every day! :D

22 Sep 2019 22:06 #26005 by Valence
Mmm, more storage space. :)
You can never have enough no matter how you spell it.

23 Sep 2019 11:31 #26006 by Charlotte
definitely not! And I've been worrying about food storage (I don't know yet why food exists in game as I don't need to eat but still, there are ingredients...) but it turns out the food processor comes with it's own storage for only foodstuffs.

AND you can make chocolate! :woohoo:
(Unfortunately I can't actually eat it... :dry:)

24 Sep 2019 20:33 #26027 by Valence
I don't think there's any chocolate on the Skyrim recipe list. It'd probably be salty anyway. :lol:

I had a runaround in Just Cause the other day and managed to hijack a helicopter that had a gun! Much destruction ensued. :evil:
I then flew up to that weird airship nightclub-in-the sky. It's so high that you can see it from almost everywhere on the island and it's fun to parachute back down from a mile up. :)

24 Sep 2019 23:07 #26028 by Charlotte
aw but salty chocolate can be really yummy!

I'm just sort of farting around in no man's sky, finding more star systems... I saw an image (on reddit! I was actually looking for the answer to a question but the answer wasn't there...) of someone elses base and it looked awesome. Should I rebuild again? Or build a new bigger better elsewhere? :hmm:

I settled for building a very mini version of that reddit base. It had japanese style roofing. Kind of.

25 Sep 2019 02:14 #26029 by Valence
"Werebears? Where? Bears? Men that are bears?" :shrug:
Thank you for that bit of wisdom M'aiq. :)

No, haven't seen any werebears but I did bump into M'aiq The Liar again who offered that little gem before telling me he was tired. (As am I!) But then while I rode away as the sun went down I apparently felt a strange thirst! Which was worrying. :S

No, I'm not going werewolfy (or werebeary!) Instead it seems that I contracted some sort of infection when I was trying to kill those vampires before Arissa axed them to death. So before it got worse and made me pointy-toofed I dashed to the nearest temple to get some healthy blessings from ... who was it now? Arkay? Yes, Arkay, I think.
And I am now very healthy indeed and definitely not gonna be a vampire any time soon. :)

25 Sep 2019 09:22 #26032 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Werewolf?

There wolf, there castle.

:aha: