April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

05 Sep 2019 00:20 #25882 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
...and I've downloaded the windmill. Of course that won't stop me getting another home too, you can have more than one. :lol:
Haven't installed it yet cos I'm miles away after finishing that long walk quest that ended in a big battle before rescuing someone whose name begins with "Th-" who was being held hostage and tortured by more people whose name begins with "Th-"
Thorald? Thalmor? In that order? Something like that. It was quite a challenging fight in the end so I'm glad I had some people with me again. And Arissa's coming in handy when it comes to saving my back. :) She still doesn't trust me enough to do what I ask but give it time.
Got plenty of loot from the Thalmors including some super light Elven armour and swords. Nice. :thumbup:
There were also some strange walrus things on the walk up there. Horkers, they may be called? But on the way back they were all dead! :ohmy:
What the hell's killing them behind my back. I'd better scarper before I find out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Sep 2019 01:09 #25883 by Valence
...and...

The minstrels in Assassin's Creed are absolutely infuriating. There I am trying to sneak away after a deadly mission, avoiding the guards and blending in.... Then some guy with a lute accosts me and makes me the centre of attention by singing his song right in my face. IN MY FACE!!!

IN MY FACE!

And he was singing some song about how I smell. :rage:
Still haven't killed one yet. But I did kill Francesco De Pazzi! :excited:
Attachments:

05 Sep 2019 01:48 #25884 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Steal his lute! That'll teach him!

*Now worries about the horkrusses*...wait, horkruxes? *confused*
I should be in bed. :nope:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 Sep 2019 13:47 - 05 Sep 2019 13:49 #25885 by Valence
The windmill is more pretty than practical. :dry:
It's very hard to get to, it's built into a cliff face that's almost a 60 degree gradient! I'll never get my horse up there. I even lost Arissa climbing up those rocks, I'll have to go back and find her later, she's probably gone back to the nearest tavern. :eyeroll:
You have to kill a bear before you get to the actual windmill and the hill is so steep that the bear's body just slid down like a kid on a sledge in winter. :lol: If I'd reacted more quickly I would have liked to try to jump on the body and ride it down, snowboarding style. :)
Also the building is a little cramped inside but on the plus side it is absolutely beautiful and the view outside with the deep waterfall is spectacular. It's lovely to just sit there and rest while Past To Present plays on the soundtrack. And there's a cooking pot to cook proper meals! I haven't had a go with one of them yet... and I still haven't because I wasn't carrying any ingredients.

So I'll still keep it installed for when I want to sit and watch the waterfall but if I can't ride the horse up there then it's not a home for storage.
The search continues...

05 Sep 2019 14:10 #25886 by Charlotte
Remember, that if you sleigh ride dead bears downhill, you have to walk all the way back up again. :aha:

05 Sep 2019 14:59 #25888 by Valence
That should be in a fortune cookie. :lol:

05 Sep 2019 19:43 #25889 by Valence
Not really a game and not really an app, but this popped up on my recommendations today....

Looks like a lot of fun...

I've been trying and failing to do landscape painting for a few days now (in acrylics) and this sort of thing makes me want to give up very quickly indeed.

07 Sep 2019 13:40 #25902 by Valence
After my encounter with the cooking pot at the windmill I have started to notice a few other places where you can knock up a meal. But looking through the recipes, it's surprising how so many of them require lots of salt. I think the people of Skyrim may have blood pressure problems in later life. :)
So after a bit of ingredient theft I cooked a bit of beef (and salt!) and it was apparently delicious... in a 10-health-point kind of way.

08 Sep 2019 17:36 #25906 by Valence
Getting a little frustrated with Fez.
After getting stuck (in a "just don't know what to do next" way) I resorted to online help and discovered that there's an entire language to learn with lots of codes that reveal more anti-cubes when you press certain control keys in a specific sequence. :huh:
Don't know how that's explained in the story or the world but that's the way Fez is I suppose. :dunno:

I'm also a bit stuck in Arkham Asylum. Can't beat Bane at the moment. So I watched a YouTube video where someone did it with a depressingly casual ease and then got angry. :lol:

I'll go calm down with a salty Skyrim meal. :)

08 Sep 2019 22:00 #25907 by Charlotte
I'm just copying and pasting this rant from elsewhere:

I'm still playing No Man's Sky. Been trying to decorate my base today, which just brings out all the things that annoy me about the game. Why make a decorative item that makes a lot of "buzzing" noise? I think it's meant to give an ambiance of broken down technology when found in a wreck or something, but couldn't they attach the noise to something we cannot decorate with??? And some things are almost impossible to place and colours just won't turn out like you expect. I actually have purple concrete slabs - not because the purple is nice but because it's the only colour that ends up looking greyish. Most colours get an orangey or greenish tinge and it changes throughout the day too - which is somewhat natural but I think they made the effect much too strong.

And adding: If there are multiple type aliens in the universe and at least three dominant races, why is there so few decorative items? I mean, there's ONE bed. And it's ugly. :( All the lights are industrial looking. Also ugly. At least there are a few different tables, chairs and sofas...
(and yes, when decorating my base I have of course tried to give each one of my hired staff their own room, decorated to their own liking, even though they never leave their work stations... It's what you do if you're a good boss, right? Not that I'm sure they're good employees - there seem to be weird things going on with all of them...)