May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

20 Jul 2020 16:06 #30234 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
... to boldly come back through it to where they were before :confident:

(I actually liked DS9 for the most part, it is the second best Trek show after the original series)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jul 2020 16:38 #30235 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park

(I actually liked DS9 for the most part, it is the second best Trek show after the original series)

:dry: You could have fooled me....

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

25 Jul 2020 19:50 #30330 by Charlotte
Just saw the last ever episode of Poldark. I knew it was going to be the last, but was wondering how that could be, when there were still so many lose ends in the next to last episode I watched last week. Well... Basically, they just skipped forward 5 months, and sorted everything in one confused mess all at once and then everyone lived happily ever after (except not really).

I hate it when they skip months ahead. I'm OK with it being done between seasons, but not in season and definitely not for the very last episode (of season, or forever).

25 Jul 2020 21:42 #30332 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I don't mind shifts in time like that as long as they don't have a musical montage. :)
There was a clever one in The Walking Dead recently where they jumped six years at the end of an episode but instead of doing it to tie up loose ends, they used it to imply a series of other events that happened during the gap in order to tell stories that stretched forwards and backwards in time.
But I remember Banj didn't like that, so forget I mentioned it in case he has one of his rants. :lol:

Almost time for a Saturday Snoozy Movie and I think I might watch Spectral on Netflix. It popped up while I was browsing the other day and the little trailer thing grabbed my attention.

25 Jul 2020 22:23 #30333 by Charlotte
Let me know if it's worth watching. I just looked it up on Netflix and added the next one on the list to my list of things I've not watched and possibly never will (Extinction). That Alien Warfare I didn't finish a while back was on Netflix's list too.... :dry: One never knows if something's worth watching when it's all based on what genre(s) you've watched before. Is there a ratings sorting thingy? :dumb:

26 Jul 2020 00:11 #30337 by Valence
It's been quite enteraining in a very "video game-ish" way. Quite a few of the set-pieces and plot devices feel very familiar to the game mechanics you may have experienced in various shooters and there's some dodgy science stirred in there too. But I haven't fallen asleep even if I did feel a little drowsy half way through.
I think the actors made it seem much better than it would otherwise be. I kinda like watching James Badge Dale. I remember him most from that show Rubicon, which was terribly under-rated and really deserved another season.

26 Jul 2020 08:10 #30339 by Charlotte
I had to google him but apparently he's the guy that looked familiar in the Spectral trailer. I wonder if his friends and family call him Badger? :p

26 Jul 2020 22:13 - 26 Jul 2020 22:15 #30343 by Charlotte
...or keep telling him to stop badgering him.

I watched "Event Horizon" today. Laurence Fishburn looked fairly young, so I'm thinking it's not very recent... It was listed as "scary", but as I suspected it was mainly "gory". Not the same thing. :dry:
Edit: Forgot to mention it reminded me of Nightflyers (the book, I haven't watched the series) except the plot was less likely and more stupid.

Then I watched the first episode of the original Star Trek. I never realised Captain Kirk wasn't around from the start. Also... Leonard Nimoy was not a particularly impressive actor, that early in Spock's life... :blink: I guess it hasn't aged particularly well...

And NOW, Gandalf wants me to go to bed, so I guess I'd better... :zzz:

26 Jul 2020 23:44 #30346 by Valence

I wonder if his friends and family call him Badger?

It may be completely unrelated but British people of a certain age may now get the urge to sing the Bodger And Badger theme tune. :P
Mmm, mashed potatoes.

Still watching Cursed. It sort of gets better, or maybe I'm just getting used to it not being the show I wanted. :dry:
The Merlin chap is gradually winning me over but I'm now wishing they'd kept him completely off-screen initially and revealed him later. It would have had much more drama that way.

And if you're waiting around for Kirk then you won't have to wait long. :)

27 Jul 2020 10:22 #30349 by Charlotte
I dunno. I just wanted to see if I had seen the first episode. I've seen references to it in Discovery (but I didn't know it was the very first). Other than that I can't recall having seen it, so.... probably not. But I really dislike the Tellarians. And the Q.

I'll probably just continue with TNG, when I'm not watching other stuff. Might start watching Cursed.