Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

29 Jun 2020 13:40 #29899 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
1) Apple? Apple makes movies? :dumb:

2) :dry:

3) Yes, nature engineered its sharks to bite back... makes sense. I think. :S

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jun 2020 14:11 - 29 Jun 2020 14:11 #29901 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

1) Apple? Apple makes movies? :dumb:

They are doing it for the betterment of mankind like everything they do, obviously :eyeroll:

2) :dry:

Bill... and... Ted. Don't make me ban you :stare: :shakefist:

3) Yes, nature engineered its sharks to bite back... makes sense. I think. :S

They aren't natural sharks, they are unnatural super brainiac sharks that were messed with in the first one (and who knows whated in the second one that nobody even knew existed) with super brainiac killing desires (brought on by global warming for some reason, maybe they are just protesting environmental issues aggressively)

29 Jun 2020 14:43 #29902 by Charlotte
well I did feel rather more irritable than usual last week when it was so bloody warm, so I sympathise with the sharks.

As for 2... Keanu Reeves? "acting"... :dry: Please ban me.

29 Jun 2020 19:45 #29908 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Keanu popped up in my Netflix searches on Saturday when I was looking for a movie to sleep through. I think it was called Replicas, or something like that.
For a brief moment of madness I was tempted to click play, but then I came to my senses.

01 Jul 2020 20:42 #29971 by Charlotte
I have now seen the last episode of GoT and after not caring much about the rest of the season, I think at least they wrapped it up OK in the end.

Though having read Fire & Blood wherein the difficulties of journeying west are described (including finding a crew that's willing to go) I'm kinda wondering at the ease with which a certain person set of, seemingly entirely on their own...)

01 Jul 2020 20:59 #29972 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park

I think at least they wrapped it up OK in the end.

Careful now. Angry Banj might ban you for that. :lol:

The thing that caused most of the issues for me was the way that everything just happened waaay too quickly. Plots started to accelerate after season 5 and it only ever got faster after that. I understand that it's tough with TV shows cos there's always a limited schedule/budget (even for big shows) and actors don't want to be stuck doing the same thing for 20 years (also George Martin's open-ended writing doesn't help!) but they could have squeezed out a few more episodes at least to soften the story/character development.

And I really hated everything they did with Euron in every season he was there. :dunno:

01 Jul 2020 21:24 #29973 by Charlotte
Well Euron was very hateful... I mean... hateworthy? in general, wasn't he? Though that fight between him and a certain goldielocks seemed entirely pointless and just a way to put some sort of obstacle in the way (which wasn't strictly needed, anyway). And I agree, things wrapped up very fast in the end. Which might explain why I felt inclined to describe the whole season as "they just seemed to want to get it over with" to a friend.... :dry:

02 Jul 2020 10:31 #29980 by Banj

I have now seen the last episode of GoT and after not caring much about the rest of the season, I think at least they wrapped it up OK in the end.

Is this brought on by substance abuse? Admitting you have a problem is the first stage of recovery.

02 Jul 2020 10:34 #29981 by Charlotte
:dry: possibly. chocolate.

anyway, after the mess they made of things, I'm not sure the very last episode could have improved the situation all that much... So, I'm content with an ending that doesn't leave me with a bunch of loose ends and frustrated wonderings of what the heck happened...

02 Jul 2020 10:38 #29983 by Banj
I'm still left wondering what happened (apart from Benioff and Weiss being desperate to run off and make Star Wars films) :dry: