April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

02 Jul 2020 10:49 #29985 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
:D well, maybe that IS what happened. Like Val said, the season could definitely have used more episodes. That would perhaps explain why one woman suddenly went from benign to homicidal and an other from brave to scaredy cat.

And come to think of it. Whatever happened to that horse? :huh:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jul 2020 22:41 #30025 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Trying to pick a movie on Netflix is very hard. So much easier with TV shows where you just go to the next episode. :P

But I neeeed something to fall asleep through. :)

Hmm, The Courier? Never heard of it. Is that Gary Oldman?
*googles*
6% on Rotten Tomatoes. No, then.

The Post?
*googles*
Looks OK but the story subject doesn't seem too far from House Of Cards that I'm still watching (end of season 5. Also I'm getting to the end of TNG now, Data's cat has just changed sex. :lol:)

But I want a Saturday movie.
Inception, then. Again.
*play*

And these opening scenes seem very familiar. :S
Seems like I haven't waited long enough since my previous rewatch. But never mind, if I remember it well then at least I won't have to rewind when I fall asleep. :woohoo:

05 Jul 2020 09:41 #30026 by Charlotte
Glad you can find positives in everything :D

I started watching Reign a few days ago. First episode seemed really familiar but I must have thought it was a movie at the time . Or just awfully bad. Either way I hadn't watched the end of episode one or any subsequent episodes. Not sure what I think. The clothes are partially modern and the music is awful. The story, I think would have been OK if it was a fantasy story - but for actual history? Not so much.

Yesterday I started watching Warrior Nun. The main character tend to make witty remarks on everything, which I usually like, but in this one it just seems sad, because the situation does seem to require a bit more seriousness.... I haven't given up on it yet, though. I mean. Warrior. Nuns. They're kinda cool :p

05 Jul 2020 14:21 #30027 by Valence
Yeah, I saw both of those while searching. Just the title of "Warrior Nun" made me think that wasn't for me. :lol:
Reign seemed a bit more interesting but my impression of the trailer was that it seemed to be aimed at a younger audience. (Remember, I'm being old for everyone after yesterday. :P)

I think I may watch Cursed when it arrives in a couple of weeks. I don't mind a bit of Arthurian stuff and hopefully it'll be better than Merlin.
I was also excited to hear about the second season of The Alienist starting this month but further inspection suggests that's the date for when it's shown on US TV, not when it comes to Netflix. :(

05 Jul 2020 16:13 #30028 by Charlotte
I don't think I've heard of Cursed but I LIKED Merlin! :stare: (yes it was for ayounger audienceand not exactly sticking to the story, but I liked goofy Merlin and didn't think it was so obviously "teeny" as many other teenage shows are. also missing spaces are because of half a cat on keyboard.... sometimes it works and sometimes not... :dry:

05 Jul 2020 17:37 #30031 by Valence
Yes, I know a lot of people like Merlin, nothing wrong with that. :)
I think I was disappointed that it just wasn't the show I wanted it to be and I didn't like the idea of Merlin and Arthur being about the same age.
I watched it when it was first shown on TV so perhaps I'd be more forgiving towards it if I watched it now. At the time the young cast and lighter, jokey mood made it feel like it was jumping on the Harry Potter bandwagon.

05 Jul 2020 18:16 #30033 by Charlotte
it probably was... :P

07 Jul 2020 09:40 #30054 by Charlotte
So I already watched the entire Warrior Nun 1st (and so far only) season.
Recap:
Young girl who's not a nun accidentally becomes something the nuns need.
She spends almost all season trying to get away.
Then she changes her mind, the nuns also change their minds and everything builds up to a final boss fight.
At the literally last minute, the directors throw in a bunch of almost-zombies and yell "cut!".

In short, pretty much the cruddiest cliff hanger I've seen in a long time. Possibly ever.

07 Jul 2020 10:42 - 07 Jul 2020 10:42 #30055 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I Presume we are talking about the BBC Merlin rather than the mini series starring Sam Neill :hmm:

07 Jul 2020 11:13 #30056 by Valence
Indeed. :confident:

I only have a vague memory of that but I've definitely seen it.
I have a slightly better recollection of the more recent show "Camelot" which was a strange mixture of the good and the absolutely awful.