May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Totally Random

03 Aug 2014 08:36 #4741 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
Well, I guess I'll have a talk with them once I've cleaned up the mess I made when rearranging everything :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Sep 2014 19:16 #6096 by Charlotte
Today's just been one of those days :(
I was late for work, hurried to my "gym class" after work only to find a substitute who didn't know what we usually do so she said we'd do zumba and line dance - then she skipped the zumba and I realised line dancing was dead boring. After that she wanted us to do some other stuff including situps, which is pretty much fool proof for giving me a migraine so I left. At home I ate dinner and then realised I should have made something that I could eat for breakfast tomorrow (so I'm not late again...) and I dropped my tv remote on my toe. :( And now I checked the local cinema and found they DID decide to show guardians of the galaxy, only the last opportunity was today. :angry:

Oh and I had a big spider in my bedroom ceiling right over the bed :blink: but I got rid of it! (alive - I used a mop to throw it out on the balcony. Didn't wanna touch the thing *shudders*)

10 Sep 2014 21:01 #6106 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Totally Random
Y'know how a consumer can take a product back to a retailer if the product is not fit for purpose? Well, I reckon that we should be able to do the same thing with rubbish days too!

If the day goes terribly, then you should be able to send it back and get another one!

In the college where I work, a young student had coffee poured into her bag by some other mystery student. I thought that was really mean, but she said, at least it smells nice now! That's what I call looking on the bright side!!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

10 Sep 2014 21:05 #6109 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
Think it's a bad day all round, I think i'm coming down with a cold & you know when you feel like that everything seems to go wrong all day.

The joys of working in a school, germs everywhere :)

10 Sep 2014 21:20 #6110 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
Sorry to hear others are having days comparable to some of my recent ones. Though I'm feeling better today, it's been a rough week. ... Sounds like you need to just go to sleep and re-boot for a better tomorrow Charlotte. ;)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

11 Sep 2014 11:29 #6135 by Charlotte
I think I need to sleep a week for the reboot to work :P But yes it's better now. So far anyway!

12 Sep 2014 07:19 #6159 by Charlotte
In totally different news I think I have to start believeing in the bird Roc... Twice now there have been such huge piles of bird droppings on a street near where I live that they must hail from a bird the size of a small aircraft. That, or it could be one or several gulls pooping multiple times...But I'm in favour of the Roc theory, personally.

15 Sep 2014 07:43 #6182 by Charlotte
another random non-artsy post from me - guess this thread is turning into my personal blog :P

Swedish elections are over and disappointingly the major winners (not as in winning the majority but for the largest increase in votes, doubling their results from the last election) is the "Swedish Democrats" party which would more aptly be called the Swedish Closet Racists party... I don't know who votes for them but obviously a lot of people do. They're now Sweden's third largest party. I find it scary and it feels like we're moving back towards the "general racism" of the 30'ies. But what can be done to turn it around?

It should be noted that the party has a "zero tolerance" policy on racism and because of it, member after member has had to leave because media has exposed them as racists... (E.g they post hateful messages anonymously online.) In spite of multiple such revelations leading up to the elections and some of the "top names" having to go, people still vote for them. I just don't get it. :(

Up until now I guess I've mostly laughed at them. There's a video compilation on youtube with SD politicians answering questions from media, and such. One gets asked what Swedish culture IS exactly. There's a long silence and then he says "uh, like ancient remains and such". Because yeah, we all know immigration threatens all those old things... Right. Another claims that 400,000 Euro becomes "40 thousand billion" SEK. In reality it becomes 4 milllion SEK. Just a few zeros off, right? Another claims she doesn't really know what her party's politics are because she's only been an elected representative for 3 years now... *sigh* How can people vote for these dimwits!?

15 Sep 2014 18:28 #6193 by Kodabble
Replied by Kodabble on topic Totally Random
Charlotte, I feel your pain..
You and your country are not alone in this new outburst of an intellectual void in a political party. The United States Republican party has been hijacked by a group of mentally inept who call themselves the Tea Party :X (a reference to our pre-independent days when a group protesting taxes raided a ship and threw the shipment of tea in the harbor in protest).
This group is so bigoted and to the right that they have any sane member of the Republicans scared to go against them and they are financially backed by a bunch of very rich elite who are driving their own interests,. This is because these rich few can get their base so whipped up with racially hating the current president and finding blame in everything he says and does so they can put some of the most pathetically ignorant people in our congress. In the state where I live they started small and when they finally got control of the state government they gerrymandered the voting districts so they will never loose control. This is happening in other states and probably in our upcoming election they will take over the congress. I too am at a loss as to why people only hear what they want and for some reason don't see where the country is heading. Maybe we have to hit bottom before they wake up, if we can survive it.
Sorry :S I need to get off this as this is an art forum, but I do know what you are talking about.

15 Sep 2014 18:50 #6195 by Charlotte
Yeah, heard of them. Scary bunch.
Back to art we go! :P