Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Totally Random

25 Jul 2014 19:44 - 25 Jul 2014 19:45 #4187 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Totally Random
.... let's just say, I am older than you Dave!!=D

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jul 2014 21:03 #4194 by Thomgirl
Replied by Thomgirl on topic Totally Random
That's incredible, Dom! I love how old everything is in Europe. Here in the US I love all the 'old' buildings and homes and it pains me how easily we throw it away, tear them down, let them rot, and whatnot. You find pockets in the country where they're better about it... but it's not the norm like it is in Europe.

Thank you Rorke! I've thought about doing the same thing in table tops, dresser tops, desk tops and such of playing with doing inlay art of some of my imagery at some point. You should totally go for it!

25 Jul 2014 21:22 #4195 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
I think we've lost a considerable amount of old buildings in Europe as well, only we probably had a great deal really old stuff to start with, so there's more left, anyway. Kinda like the fossil record :P

And today we tend to save old stuff but think it's OK to tear down new things so who knows, maybe our own age will be a blank spot in the archaeological record of the future...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

25 Jul 2014 21:39 #4200 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
I think you'd have some amazing designs rorke, I hope you get somewhere soon!

29 Jul 2014 12:22 #4510 by Charlotte
OK, now I guess it's alright to get back to work... I had something of a to do list for my vacation (probably a bad idea from the beginning seeing as vacations are supposed to mean you take time off, but anyhow) and now I've checked off one more thing on the list. I sort of re-sewed a sweater. Of course I had great plans of sewing so much more, but the sweater will have to do for now. I had decided that I must finish this particular one, before I can go buy any nice new fabrics, so now I can go shopping with a clear conscience! Yay :)

(The sweater was once three similar sweaters, all too short in the waist so I sewed them together once before but ironically the new sweater became much too long, plus I'd used an old bad thread and some of the seams broke immediately. This time I think the results are what they should! Even if I'll probably never wear the thing in public :P)

31 Jul 2014 00:25 - 31 Jul 2014 00:26 #4594 by edtuckerartist
Replied by edtuckerartist on topic Totally Random
:angry:
Talking of destroying things and college's. A meadow alongside Llandaff cathederal is under serious threat from a college who want to turn it into a football pitch.
I checked on google earth counted how many football fields there are within a five minute walk and found fourteen two of which are alongside said college.
The council planners have just agreed with the plans proposals.
:ohmy:

I know for a fact that the meadow has been there for at least forty years as remember going past there as a kid.
Save Llandaff meadow!

02 Aug 2014 12:12 #4701 by Charlotte
I'm not sure I should go :woohoo: or :blush: but I see I've just passed 700 posts :P

Anyway for those totally uninterested, I've spent half the day rearranging my livingroom. TV is moved to another wall, bookshelves that used to be on either side of the TV are now on the wall where I used to have my computer desk and the desk is now where the TV (and bookshelves) used to be. And both TV and computer seem to be working so I must have unplugged and replugged everything correctly :) Now I just need to get the remaining books back where they should be (my hallway is so full I can barely get to the kitchen) and find room for some stuff that sort of winded up homeless after the rearrangment. :unsure:

02 Aug 2014 14:24 #4709 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
Good to hear your move went well. Hope you sorted your cable issue. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

02 Aug 2014 18:10 #4712 by Charlotte
Actually... no. But now it seems to be worse on one channel before the others... Well, I've now tried two TV's, two "digital boxes" and 4 cables, so I'm guessing the issue isn't on my end after all. Like I've tried to suggest from the beginning I think it's an issue with the cable leading out of my wall, and up towards the roof on the outside of the building, but nobody wants to be called responsible for that bit of the technology... (Ought to be the landlord in my thinking.)

02 Aug 2014 23:37 - 02 Aug 2014 23:38 #4731 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
Yeah, sounds like you're right. I mean, it's not hard for them to test it either. Just connect to it outside where the line comes into the building, and they can see how good the numbers are on the readout. May just need a new drop put in.

The first year in my house, lightning struck a tree in my backyard, and completely fried the line that was just put in a couple months before. Luckily it didn't damage anything inside the house, so we just dropped in a new line.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D