April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

24 Jul 2014 07:05 #4020 by Thomgirl
Replied by Thomgirl on topic Totally Random
Like the sparrow on it's back with it's legs up in the air asked why one would hold up the sky that way my response is "One does what one can." I'll post some pics of my carpentry work sometime though for you guys if ya'll want to check it out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jul 2014 10:03 - 24 Jul 2014 10:04 #4029 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Totally Random
Yep!!

Some more of that prose would be fun too!! :hmm:

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

24 Jul 2014 10:05 #4030 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
I used to make wooden books (with paper in between) for Wiccans, I loved my router & I etched designs into the front with my dremel, so much fun, I still have a few i'll take some piccies

24 Jul 2014 10:08 #4032 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Totally Random
That sounds pretty cool Kaz. I'd would like to see that too!

The idea of making wood bound books is a great one. I wouldn't mind giving that a go myself!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

24 Jul 2014 11:09 #4042 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
Yeah, that does sound pretty cool. Bet people would buy them as well? Specialized wood-bound books. I can see them selling big as personalized items.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

24 Jul 2014 11:13 #4044 by kazky
Yeah that's what I thought, turns out they didn't, ha ha, I did sell loads at work though as I made them for birthdays with birthcharts & info in. So there's a few people and they could choose the image on the front, I deremelled a lot of unicorns :)

24 Jul 2014 11:50 #4055 by Digital Dave
Really? I would have thought people would love something like that, especially it they got to pick the cover image. Maybe a personalized diary, or family ledger they could not only use, but hand down. Maybe recording family info. ... ... Haha.. I actually just got the image of the 'Book Of Shadows' from the Charmed series in my head. Guess your avatar may have helped with that! ;) - (But now that I typed that, my wife would love something like that. Would make a fantastic gift.) She's big into family, photos, recording/sharing this information with them. She actually got into that Ancestry.com a couple years ago, and absolutely loves looking up family History. ... If I can somehow work on this some, I may like to tug on your ear some for helpful advice/guidance if I could? :)

And yeah, I remember the time of the Unicorns. :) Back in the 80's early 90's, while doing some airbrushing, there were a lot of people who would request Unicorns or Pegasus. A lot of car hoods had one of these on them.

24 Jul 2014 12:01 #4060 by kazky
That's what it initially was for Dave, we witches have our precious BOS and the wooden ones are sometimes given as an initiation gift, i'll post pics so you can see what put can be done

24 Jul 2014 12:11 #4062 by Digital Dave
Cool, look forward to seeing them.

24 Jul 2014 12:12 #4064 by rorke
Replied by rorke on topic Totally Random
I bet they would sell well on etzy with a couple well placed ad packages with newage/horoscope sites. Ad packs seem to get cheaper and cheaper these days. Did you do a lot of promoting/marketing for them - cause they sound like a very sellable item, infact I have been debating doing something similar when I get the time. I was going to do magic boxes with wiccan designs all over them for witches/magicians or whoever to use as their ritual storage spaces (for candles and herbs and magick tools or what have you).

I am starting up a shop called the Irish Mystic Emporium. When I get a decent start and foot hold in the market maybe I'll commission you for my store to ad to my merch. I'd like to see some pictures and know what you would charge for something like that. Would you consider a deal if I bought in bulk? Say like 10-20. How long does it take you to complete? Anymore info on them would be great.