April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN May 2015 - The Sorcerer's Apprentice - WIPs

12 May 2015 05:25 #10619 by CherryGraphics
Hahaha micro - now it's too dark in the background again xD No. Do what you like :) I liked the light effect in the background but with the fog it is also a nice touch :)

Val this is an awesome update :) I really like this painterly style. Just one thought: Do he or she :silly: look at a point beyond the viewer or should he look at the book? If second I would try to change the angle of the face a bit...

Schizo? What a pity :/ But hey - see it as a sign - go for a better one :)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 May 2015 07:20 - 12 May 2015 07:51 #10620 by SchizophreniaWolf
Thx for the heads up you all!

So this where I was before the crash more or less. It about a boy that wants to be a Sorcerer like his crazy great grandfather.

In the background I will paint a big, grey, sad city, ... if everybody is ok with that? :lol: just kidding.

Attachments:

12 May 2015 13:33 - 12 May 2015 13:37 #10622 by Valence
Micro: there you go changing everything again! :lol: You can't resist it can you? ;) The figure does look a better size now in his environment.

Schizo: Lovely linework. It frustrates me how your pictures look good at every stage of development (wish mine did!) And this sketch is really expressive. I can see the age and wisdom of the man and the eagerness of the child to understand. Plus the surreal rounded outfit, like a Christmas bauble, is great fun.

Cherry: you're very right about that gaze in my picture, it does look a bit vacant. In the end I want the character to be looking at the glowing magic rising from the book but I've yet to paint that in properly. Hopefully the eyes will point the right way at the end. :)

12 May 2015 13:37 #10623 by CherryGraphics
Ah ok Val - I'm sure you have spot it right :) Just wasn sure where he/she looks at at the moment ^^

Schizo: I LOVE the linework. Keep it up!

A little Update from me .... :lol:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

12 May 2015 17:47 #10628 by ebArt
Here´s my latest WIP.
I've added the little guy into the scene and started detailing the characters. I also spent some time fixing a few perspective issues I was seeing with the background. And added a blurred effect on the far wall.
Will keep working on my lighting and colouring. I´m aiming for a warm and friendly atmosphere. And more props!
Would have preferred to have a more dramatic camera angle for this but I guess I cannot change that now. It´s currently looking more like a screenshot out of a point&click adventure game.

Schizo. wow. first sketch and what an impact.
Valance, looking great. I feel you´ve nailed the expression quite well!
microscopi, very professional looking. Has a cool concept art feel.
cherry, keep up the good work.

Attachments:

12 May 2015 20:34 - 12 May 2015 21:12 #10630 by edtuckerartist
Wow your all so quick and wips are looking great.

A few small changes and a little detailing.

PS. merged it down to severn layers :D
Attachments:

12 May 2015 23:06 - 12 May 2015 23:14 #10632 by microscopi
There's just no pleasing you huh Diva Cherry lol Ok I will make the moon shine more brightly just for you but you're right
it could use more lighting with that moon there! Yours is coming a long great, like the way the characters
all look like their in deep thought, are they going on a vision quest with peyote ?

Schizo, great sketch man, that's one speherical sorcerer but it definitely works, the design is great so far, you are consistant with your style, it's definitely you.

Looking great Eb, the perspective has a lot of depth in it, so the angle is great from what I can see. Lighting looks cool through the shutters and on the floor, has a lot of small details that make it interesting, don't be caught up if you dont like something and it's bugging you, just change it up!

Ed, the background is looking awesome npw, your eyes travel all the way back past the character, the face details
are great too, keep it up!

13 May 2015 05:25 #10635 by CherryGraphics

There's just no pleasing you huh Diva Cherry

:oh my: :lol: :lol:

Just want for you to get the best out :P

nice update ed! The painted face and the geometrical structure in the background gave the picture an interesting look so far... I'm really curious how this will turn out later :woohoo:

eb I really like this picture! The little guy is cute and I love how the scene works. At the moment I would prefer the black/white one a bit more. :)

Facebook / Behance

13 May 2015 23:41 #10641 by Susie1981
Hey All

Sorry i'm late getting started, couldn't decide what I wanted to do.
Think I am going with this but not 100% happy.

Some really nice ideas so far, and so different - its great!

Attachments:

14 May 2015 13:00 #10643 by hobbyhorse
These are all looking like great starts. I just haven't been able to come up with any ideas.
Also with spring finally here lots of yard work to do, including pond cleaning and start up. Danny sounds like you have a pond as well, so you know. And then there is the deck, the siding to be cleaned, lawn mowing and weeding.

But maybe an idea will come to me and I will jump in, hopefully not too late in the month.

Cherry- Coming along nicely

Eb- liking the atmosphere of the piece.

ed- BG looking very good. Look forward to the shadows and highlights added to the figure.

Schizo- love the line work and the characters.

Susie-Great start