April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Aywas Thread

20 May 2018 15:56 #21164 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Aywas Thread
That's a good set of creatures you've got there.
It feels like you've put a lot of work into these and even though they all have the same base colouring they still clearly have distinct personalities.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2018 16:05 #21165 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Aywas Thread
Thanks, though I think most of the personality credit goes to the artists who made the original lines. I'm just adding a few big teeth, basically :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

20 May 2018 20:06 #21166 by Valence
That's one of the things I can never get my head around with artistic collaborations; the question of who's supposed to do what.
I don't really have the discipline to just focus on lines or colours or shading and then pass it on. I just dive in, in a rather disorganized way, and try to do everything. :)

20 May 2018 20:23 #21167 by Charlotte
Same here, usually :P
But the whole idea of Aywas pets is that an artist does a "base" design, with lines and shading. People can then either just colour the pet, or make changes to lines and shading as well. In this case, I'm making "edited bases" I guess, since I'm editing lines and shading but not providing finished colorations. That is still up to the users who want the pets.

01 Jun 2018 21:26 #21315 by Charlotte

last one of the eight...

Attachments:

25 Jun 2018 13:59 #21505 by Charlotte
Haven't heard anything back regarding the above edits.

Meanwhile there's a "Prediction Pool Party" going on, which means there's a chance at making money doing predicts for other people's pet breedings (the resulting offspring pets). Unfortunately so far everyone wants to pay in game currency :P

And also they have opened up submissions for an event later this year. Again that will only be for in game currency but what the heck. I did some smallish stuff anyway... It has a lunar/meteor/space theme.

Attachments:

26 Jun 2018 18:44 #21509 by Valence
That last one is cute!

Don't know what it is, but it looks great, especially against the darker background

26 Jun 2018 18:50 #21510 by Charlotte
I dunno what it is either - I just call it a crater critter... or a hexapod :)

31 Jul 2018 22:30 - 31 Jul 2018 22:30 #21833 by Charlotte
There were some of those last items I made I'd have liked to edit and improve (not among those shown) but deadline is 7 am my time and I also wanted to submit my previously made alien "HA set". And it's taken me until past midnight the last day to finish... Stupid heat. I blame it all on the heat. And the humidity. The humidity is probably worse...

Also attaching the uncoloured version since I doubt anyone remembers what I've previously posted in this thread and another (uncoloured) set I made recently. That one did not win the vote it was submitted for either (it actually got the very least number of votes - I suspect it was much too ordinary :P) that I might submit one or two coloured versions of in future...

31 Jul 2018 23:33 #21836 by Valence
Nice work!
I think you should brighten up the alien's hands just a little. As thumbnails the right hand is difficult to see against the dark bit of the background.
I love the colour choice of the clothing. The blue/magenta gradient works really well and gives it an exotic look.