April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

25 Mar 2024 21:21 - 25 Mar 2024 21:22 #49711 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
The Palia update went smoothly this time. I forgot to check if the green cylinders were gone from the beach but I can confirm the muujin are back. And there are flowers! As in the bugs drop flower "seeds" and I've been hunting bugs all evening! :excited:
I think I found 6 or 7 kinds so far. :woohoo:

Edit: 6 or 7 flowers, that is :dry: When I caught that golden bee the other day that was actually the last available bug for me to find. So I have caught at least one of each of all the bugsies. :aha: 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2024 23:38 - 26 Mar 2024 23:41 #49725 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I was collecting many flowers in ESO. And lots other things too.
I decided to do some endeavours with my Warden character. First of all kill 55 baddies. Easy. :aha:
🏹🏹🏹🏹 etc.
Then on to the harvesting. 100 resources from the environment. Let's go- Oh, wait. :unsure:
She doesn't have the keen eye for harvesting stuff and you forget how difficult it is to spot them all without that. :S
I'll give it a go anyway. It'll be a challenge.
Off to my favourite harvesting spot of Dhalmora in Bal Foyen. :pirate:
Oh, wait.
She hasn't been there before and can't use those wayshrines yet.
She could get there by boat but then I'd have to walk all the way to the harbour and...
It'll be a challenge?

*logs out and returns as the elf woman instead* :dry:

27 Mar 2024 09:39 #49728 by Charlotte
Well, after catching over 30 paper lantern bugs in Bahari yesterday I actually read up on the update and bugs only drop seeds in Kilima, not Bahari. :dumb: Also, 10 seeds drop, with another 3 waiting for some reason. It seems only common and uncommon bugs drop seeds, I presume because rare and epic bugs drop silk thread. Though I'd like them to drop shrubbery seeds instead. Gardens need different height plants :stare: Anyway, 10 seeds available and I had at that point managed to find 9. The tenth is from an "uncommon" bug that's harder to find than the rare ones and I didn't see one at all for the last couple of days. So I bought that seed. I also learned that flowers are included in the item limit on your plot, so my idea of making a garden/park with almost only plants went up in smoke and instead I turned that plot into a plant nursery. Where I can grow them and keep them until I decide where I want them on my main plot.

That item limit kind of bugs me, even if it is high. You start out getting two plots for free and then to unlock a special item later on you need to purchase three more. I don't know what to do with 5 house plots... I'm already using one for my main home and a second building I call my workshop (for crafting and advanced cooking). Then there's the Plant Nursery and I bought my first of the other three (apparently there's a cap on how much money you can have too, so might as well use it up) and decided to use it for all the plaques and trophies and collectibles in the game. But the last two? :dunno:

Maybe they'll add more stuff that gives me an idea later... But then they'd better up the item limits too.
And add seeds to the bugs in Bahari. Seriously we need even more flowers, especially since hydrangea is three of the current 13 ones. I don't really care for those. I want bluebells and sunflowers and all sorts of things and bushes without flowers but different coloured leaves.... And more trees. We have 4 right now.

I want I want I want a lot.... :dry:

Seriously though, I was hoping to see quite a few things in game and so far the last two updates have added the things at the top of that wishlist so I guess I should be happy :P

27 Mar 2024 19:08 #49740 by Charlotte
I really wish people could tell "Flooded Fortress" and "Flooded Steps" apart. Or even better, that the developers had called the two areas different things, as the fortress has steps in it... :dry: People keep giving the wrong directions to stuff. Anyway I was supposed to find five of something and found one the other day all by myself. Been running around looking for the other four ever since but no luck, so I finally found a list of locations...

All were locations I had looked - except in one case where I had thought of looking and for some daft reason apparently decided against it. So now I am, annoyed. I¨+'m also annoyed that I was searching in the Fortress area when the guide told me to look in the Steps area, so I left and ran three laps around the steps area with no luck. Caved and looked at a picture and ... it was in the Fortress. So back again, I went. :shrug:

At least I now have all the five things. Now I need to look up what other stuff I needed. And I'm still missing two or three fish for that other things :dry:

27 Mar 2024 21:45 #49742 by Charlotte
Something seems a wee bit off... :hmm:  

Also :shakefist: at cloud saves
It seems I can't save in game Palia screenshots unless cloud saves are activated and while I haven't tried yet, it makes sense that Subnautica might work better with cloud saves OFF. But I can't seem to change this setting on a per game basis. :pout: 

Attachments:

27 Mar 2024 22:04 - 27 Mar 2024 22:13 #49743 by Valence
Sunshade? :dumb:

EDIT: And in the Epic Launcher go in to your library, find the game and click on the three dots. Then from the menu that appears  select MANAGE.
This should open another window with a Cloud Saves option and some other things.

Attachments:

28 Mar 2024 11:27 - 28 Mar 2024 11:29 #49744 by Charlotte
Banj already told me this. And as I mentioned... I don't have that option under my three dots. :pout:

Also, the sunshade is a lamp from another plot. I have three plots and when I returned to the main one yesterday just before (intending to) leaving some trees had shown up in my house walls and that lamp was right there. The trees was from my gardening/plant nursery plot and I moved them aside but I can't reach the lamp. I tried moving it in the original location but it didn't help. Hopefully it'll all be back to normal today. :aha: 

Hopefully. :dry: 

Attachments:

28 Mar 2024 12:21 #49745 by Valence
Sorry, I missed that last post from the previous page. 

Is it just Palia that doesn't have the option or is it missing from all the games? :hmm:

I know that not all games have cloud save options, that's why I lost my ARK save on GFN. I've also lost my 12 hour savegame in Sleeping Dogs too but they were both my own fault for not using the service for too long. :eyeroll:

28 Mar 2024 12:27 #49746 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
It's possible that having it disabled globally via settings might remove the option from appearing on a game by game basis if those games do have the option to use it. I haven't tested it because I don't want to screw up my games 

28 Mar 2024 12:30 #49747 by Charlotte
I enabled it again, quit Epic and reopened it, and that's when I took the screen shot, so.... no.

Interestingly though - the only game that has the cloud save option is Fallout 3 (which I never played...)
Maybe once you have a save in the clouds, you can't go back? :argh: