April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

01 Dec 2021 18:29 #38225 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I was going to say I've never known any cats with strange eating habits, but then I remember my old cat loved Blueberry Muffins. Then again, that was still food and not random inanimate objects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2021 18:35 #38226 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Well, Gandalf mostly likes to chew on rubber bands, I don't think he cares for eating them. Not entirely sure whether Merlin wanted to chew on or eat the warm little light bulb... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Dec 2021 00:21 #38230 by Charlotte
:shakefist: storms!

02 Dec 2021 01:35 #38231 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Strange wet/dry storms? :)
Thankfully I didn't encounter any sandstorms today in the wasteland, which is nice. You do get the chance to get a lot of scrap when you're caught in them but they do tend to kill me before that looting can take place.
I did come across a small but rather cool looking enemy base but had to retreat cos the number of snipers there was greater than the number of bullets I had.
Took out a couple of them and then went back to the stronghold to get more ammo. :aha:

02 Dec 2021 01:57 #38232 by Charlotte
The stranded deep storms are very wet. And occur daily, which is much too frequent for my liking. (I think maybe one day it was only rain and not a storm? But mostly it's storms and you can't see to do much of anything, so... 12 hours of darkness + maybe 3 hours of storm every 24 hour period and time passes rather quickly, so the few hours of daylight you have left never seem to be enough to accomplish much of anything. And yet, here I am, at almost 3 am... (real life time) I DID stop playing, now, though. I was visiting a neighbouring island and didn't want to quit until I was back home...

03 Dec 2021 16:47 - 03 Dec 2021 16:48 #38273 by Charlotte
That other day when I was confronted with having to do something for the third time, I decided not to, and to start a new game instead, with wild life set to passive. Well, I was just attacked by TWO sharks :stare:

Well, turns out this is a fairly recent bug. Apparently along with such things as animals moving after death... I've noticed it with snakes and the one boar I killed, and they stopped after a while, but someone reported his crabs running around as if they were still alive, except he had the option to "skin" them. Anyway, the passive mode seems to switch on and off.... The ones who posted online reports it happening between sessions but I think it might also just happen while you sleep at night... Not sure, but I don't think the sharks have been angery with me all day... And one of them is now swimming around with speargun arrows in it (though I only shot at it after it attacked me), so I can forgive it for being cranky. But the tiger shark? :shakefist: What did I do to that one!?

03 Dec 2021 20:47 #38280 by Valence
Just spent far too long failing to find the Forlorn Ruins in Ori and the Blind Forest. :dunno:
*gives in and googles*
And I was going in the wrong direction altogether. :facepalm:

That unhelpful map can be quite annoying. But at least it doesn't keep changing now that I'm away from the Misty Woods. That was even more annoying! :stare:

03 Dec 2021 21:34 #38281 by Valence
Fifteen point Ciri!!! :woohoo:

My heart sank a little when the guy played it but I think he had a bad draw with too many Scorch cards that he wasted early on. Managed to tie that first round and we both went all-or-nothing for the second round with all our remaining cards and I sneaked ahead by dropping my 10 point Vernon Roche right at the end!

Satisfying. :aha:

Fifteen Points! :woohoo:
Attachments:

03 Dec 2021 23:16 #38282 by Charlotte
GOG sent an email earlier about something like a change of the privacy policy or something, for Gwent. Very confusing. :dumb:

03 Dec 2021 23:42 #38284 by Valence
There is a  standalone version of Gwent  complete with world tournaments and things like that. But I think the rules are a little different than the game-within-a-game version.