May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

10 Dec 2021 18:34 #38400 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:D
(Actually I decided not to, myself, but since you wanted to pick up all available freebies I thought I should mention it)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Dec 2021 19:49 #38402 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Must. Acquire. Every. Free. Game. :stare:

11 Dec 2021 12:46 #38420 by Valence
Before my hairy yeti disaster I managed to have a late GFN session last night for the first time in a while and (encouraged by yesterday's trailer) I got a bit further in A Plague Tale by completing chapter fifteen. It was a bit tricky and probably the first time in the game that I got a little frustrated by my recurring failures but I eventually got my sling skills to work for me.
AND.... :ohmy:
Spoilers. :ohmy:

Many screenshots were taken but none will be posted. :)

11 Dec 2021 23:06 #38427 by Valence
Not even a burning bear can get past my lovely glass shield!! :pirate:

I didn't do a long session in Skyrim this week cos I'm at one of those points where I have to make a decision in a quest and I need to have a think about possible consequences before committing. :hmm:
So I switched to Ori And the Blind Forest and tried to escape from the Forlorn Ruins...

And I tried many, many, many, many, many times. :dry:
Ooof, that was hard.
Much frustrated shouting occured before I got out.
But I have a sneaking feeling that the big scary owl thing is gonna be coming back next. :argh:

Attachments:

14 Dec 2021 16:20 - 14 Dec 2021 16:23 #38448 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Must. Acquire. Every. Free. Game. :stare:

You'll want to go and get Shadow Tactics from GOG then 

EDIT - And Rayman Origins from Ubisoft Connectplay.com.plus extra... once you can log in 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

14 Dec 2021 20:11 #38449 by Valence
:thumbup:

I thought I already had Rayman from a previous freebie but that one was Legends not Origins. But now I have both. :aha:

14 Dec 2021 21:23 - 14 Dec 2021 21:23 #38450 by Charlotte
Been feeling bored out of my head for a day or two so I have been looking for possible new games to get, maybe even as a birthday gift. But preferably free since otherwise I might buy something that's later made free in a give away or something :dry:

Found a couple of potential space games, free... except I'd need a Steam account because that's the only place to get them 

I guess it's bedtime soon, anyway *sigh*

14 Dec 2021 21:52 #38451 by Valence
It's that awkward time of year when you'd like to buy a game but you know that lots of companies will been giving away Christmas freebies and you really don't want to pay for something only to find it being free a week later. :lol:
I do have some coins for the inevitable Steam Sale but I definitely won't be buying anything early. :nope:

14 Dec 2021 22:25 #38452 by Charlotte
Well that's another thing. I don't really have any coins... But I know dad'll send me money for christmas/birthday. I have no idea how much or when, though...

15 Dec 2021 02:49 - 15 Dec 2021 02:53 #38453 by Valence
Dear Roach,
Why, oh why, oh why, oh why will you not walk along this particular road? :dunno:

Every time I have to go to the Vegelbud's Estate for a race I end up walking back this way and you just won't move beyond this point! Yes, I can turn right to the wheat fields but I need to go straight ahead back to Novigrad via the Seven Cats. There's a path right there, it's even marked on the map, all you have to do is walk forwards instead of stupidly running on the spot like a Peloton advert! :shakefist:
Oh, well, back to cross country riding again through the fields. :eyeroll:
But at least I've now won a Gwent game with my Scoia'tael deck. :rock:

But enough of Geralt let's switch games and return to the Call Of The WIld for some pretty tree hunting...

...but this time I DID shoot an animal by doing my best Elmer Fudd impression and hitting a rabbit...

I also killed a deer too but not in the orthodox hunting fashion. You're supposed to slowly creep around silently, stealthily stalking your prey from a distance but I was noisily running around like an out-of-breath maniac trying to find a coyote and after bursting through some trees I literally ran into the deer. :blush:
I'm not quite sure which one of us was more scared or surprised, but amidst the panic I fired off a shot somewhere and managed to hit it. It bounded off down a hill and I followed the trail of blood for a while until I found that it had eventually curled up quietly and died alone by a tree.
Which was a bit sad really. :cry:
Sorry, deer. :(

But then I saw a bear! :woohoo:
Blimey, they're quick!
I was expecting a big, slow, lumbering beast like the bears in other games but this was quite sprightly. I fired off a shot and I thought I'd hit it but no blood traces were seen. Maybe I need a bigger gun. :dry:
Attachments: