April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

01 Dec 2021 01:12 #38192 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Gaming
I’ve been away for far too long but I’m better now and going to try and be more active.
I’ve seen some YouTube videos of Call of the Wild and it does look a very beautiful game and I do like beautiful games.
I’ve just downloaded Myth of Empires and it’s awesome (and beautiful too).
I can highly recommend it if you like survival, resource collecting, crafting etc, it even has some RTS and population management elements to it.
Playing solo at the moment on a pve server but if that sounds like your kind of thing I’d definitely recommend giving it a try.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2021 10:24 #38193 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:googles Myth of Empires*
Aw but it's on Steam :(
And not free... :dry:
*finds a place that has a free download*
And it's 60 GB and requires warfare :P
Oh well, looks nice, though :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Dec 2021 11:53 #38194 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Lookth like you are going to Myth out on it then 

01 Dec 2021 12:31 - 01 Dec 2021 12:32 #38196 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Hey, Atto! :wave: Hope you're feeling well again.

Aw but it's on Steam :(

I do think your aversion to Steam is a little misplaced, Charlotte. Out of all the launchers that get forced onto us it's by far the least intrusive. Ubisoft constantly requires logins, sometimes twice, Epic is terribly slow, Rockstar loves to reinstall itself and the Social Club, forcing me to do those traffic light Captchas, and Bethesda? Yeah, let's just forget about that one. :nope:
Meanwhile Steam just chugs away in the background and because you can buy Steam cards in the shops you don't even have to give them your bank details.

01 Dec 2021 13:32 #38202 by Charlotte
I don't really dislike Steam. It's just that I already have Epic and GOG and I don't really want one more, plus I'm annoyed that I bought a game on GOG that I can only mod if I have it on Steam and I don't want to buy it AGAIN. :stare:

01 Dec 2021 16:34 - 01 Dec 2021 16:48 #38220 by Charlotte
So... Yesterday my Stranded Deep session ended with drowning. And it's always boring to replay things... But I just started the game up again, managed to maneuver my raft to the right position (the rafts you build either drift one way super slow or speed in the opposite direction at high speed, so it's a bit tricky...). I jump into the water and hear the sound of Merlin crunching on a light bulb. :argh:

I think he's OK though. It was one of those small ones for the advent candelabras I bought Sunday. Thank you Merlin for these three days of Holiday cheer. Anyway I think I managed to gather up most of the pieces. He might have swallowed some minute ones though, so I hope the glass isn't sharp... *worried*

And also, I panicked when I tried to pause the game and interrupt real life events, and drowned.

Edit: And googling the issue it seems it's not entirely unusual for cats to do this. :dunno: 

Edit2: And now he attacked my computer screen. Apparently the Stranded Deep Main Menu background looked very threatening. (I's a sea view with an island in the background.... it seemed Merlin thought the island was something dangerous and swatted it.)

01 Dec 2021 17:22 #38221 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

hear the sound of Merlin crunching on a light bulb. :argh:

Edit: And googling the issue it seems it's not entirely unusual for cats to do this. :dunno: 

Eating bulbs, or sabotaging gameplay? I have experienced the latter on many occasions, so I'm leaning towards that.

01 Dec 2021 17:45 #38222 by Charlotte
Eating christmas lights... :dry:

Also, 50% of the advice says RUSH TO PET ER
and the other 50% says wait and see if the cat seems to be in pain or if there's any blood anywhere...

Meanwhile Merlin is running around my feet playing football with a small ball of crumpled metal foil... He seems fine.

01 Dec 2021 17:56 #38223 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Never heard of a cat eating light bulbs. :ohmy:

I remember my old cat used to eat rubber bands. Obsessively. But never light bulbs.

01 Dec 2021 18:03 #38224 by Charlotte
Gandalf is obsessed with anything rubber. And my nail files. Actually both of them are obsessed with nail files.