April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

23 Nov 2021 18:47 #38037 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I'll try to remember. I was afraid it was just the literal (but incorrect) translation.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Nov 2021 22:33 #38123 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Still can't get my phone out quick enough to take a photo of those damn rabbits!

Come back!
Or slow down!
Or something! :shakefist:

Anyway I switched to the annoying Trevor to do another sidequest but when I switched to him he'd spawned at the beach quite a long way from where I needed to get and the car he had was also stuck on the beach. So if I wanted to drive to this mission I was gonna have to steal a car, which is no big deal, it is the name of this game after all. But when I got up to the pier and back to the roads this was the only car I could find in the vicinity...

Oh, well. It'll do, I suppose, as long as I avoid the real cops. :unsure:
So off I drive and I put on the sirens and the lights and the traffic moves out of the way for me, which is great. :cheer:
And then on my travels some guy at the side of the street waves me down and asks if I'll give him a lift.
You want a lift from a psychopath in a stolen cop car?! :blink:
Don't they have taxis around here?
But I don't mind the extra driving, it takes me to all the interesting places on the map. So where are you going? Airport? Sounds good to me. And off we drive while I listen to him droning on about his job making money on the stock market and finally we get to his destination. And where does he want me to park in my stolen cop car?
Oh, right next to those two cops. :facepalm:

Yeah, thanks for that.

Attachments:

27 Nov 2021 23:09 #38127 by Charlotte
:dry: Police cars aren't taxis. Why did he want to go with you? And why was he bragging about money? Did he want you to rob him? Why didn't you? Did the cops notice you when you dropped him off? Did you have a police car car chase? So many unanswered questions.

28 Nov 2021 12:37 - 28 Nov 2021 12:38 #38129 by Valence
Answers:
No, they're not taxis. :stare:
There are taxis in the game and you can steal them to do pickup jobs and can even buy a taxi business too. Guess he was in too much of a rush to catch his plane after his rental car broke down.
He was bragging about money because he was a very arrogant banker but he did give me a stock market tip as "payment". Unfortunately I've forgotten it already. :dumb:
A lot of your actions do affect the in-game stock market allowing you to profit from your crimes but the investing aspect of the game does pass me by somewhat as I mindlessly explore the map. :)
And finally, there was no car chase after. I don't know if the cops noticed me cos I didn't hang around to find out and instead raced away to that side mission... which turned out to be elk hunting with some redneck in the countryside.

28 Nov 2021 21:13 - 28 Nov 2021 21:14 #38145 by Valence
For my next journey I switched to a much safer truck and had it spray painted a lovely purple colour. And then picked up another passenger that was shouting at me from the side of the street. And this one...
...just died on me. :dry:

I didn't do anything. They just... died. :S
Well, at least they didn't talk too much.

Also I refreshed my memory (via Google) about that stock market tip and went on the Internet to invest some of my cash.
And the price dropped off a cliff taking all my cash with it. It seems I was too late and missed the bubble. :shrug:
Perhaps I should just not save this session. :lol:
Attachments:

28 Nov 2021 21:23 #38146 by Charlotte
Was he shouting for you to take him to the hospital?

28 Nov 2021 21:31 #38147 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I didn't do anything. They just... died. :S

Exactly what a guilty person would say.

29 Nov 2021 19:13 #38153 by Charlotte
I've been playing Stranded Deep again today. It's been a while and there's a lot I can't recall so I was off to a rather rocky start, but I have now survived for 12 days I think. I haven't been eating too many coconuts, even though it took me rather long to actually get myself a fishing spear. I tried from early on but it just didn't come up as an option - maybe I was too low level...

Anyhow, they made a small change to the game - adding stockpiles. Funny thing is, when you stockpile empty coconuts they immediately get refilled, so you only need 2 coconuts (to make a stockpile) and then you have an unlimited source of water. :giggle: (I'm pretty sure that's a bug, though I guess you still need a water still to water your farm plots if it's not raining enough, which it usually is...)

29 Nov 2021 20:20 #38159 by Charlotte
:argh:
The boar! It's WALKING ON AIR! :argh:

29 Nov 2021 21:03 - 29 Nov 2021 21:06 #38160 by Valence
Pigs might fly. :dry:

Anyway... Open the parachute, Lara!!!

press X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X

Phew. :)
Oh, no. It's damaged. Open the reserve! :argh:

press X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X,X

And she's dead. :dead:

It seems I was supposed to press B for the reserve. :facepalm:

EDIT: And the next bit is tricky...
Impaled on a tree.
Impaled on a tree.
Impaled on a tree.
Impaled on a tree. etc.

Finally managed to avoid the trees... well, sort of. But we're injured again so it's gonna be limping Lara for a while once more. :shrug: