April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

17 Nov 2021 22:51 #37956 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
That's how it always is with those "idealists" :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Nov 2021 21:17 #37982 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Karl Marx!!! :shakefist:

After several attempts I finally managed to survive the onslaught of coppers and was then invited to a nearby pub with our favourite, non-interventionist, slow-walking revolutionary...

Keep up, comrade. And what's that, Karl? "Workers of the world unite! Unless you're working for me as an assassin, in which case you're on your own again for the next bit."
And sure enough I have to violently clear out the pub so it's safe while he stood outside watching me through the window! :eyeroll:
And then he glitched out and refused to talk to the traitor afterwards forcing me to reload and do it all again.

Attachments:

18 Nov 2021 21:21 #37984 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
When he said revolution, he was referring to circling the area while someone else dealt with the problem.

18 Nov 2021 22:20 #37989 by Charlotte
:giggle:

19 Nov 2021 14:46 #37992 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Ubisoft is giving away one of those Splinter Cell games right now for anyone capable of successfully logging in to their launcher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

19 Nov 2021 15:27 - 19 Nov 2021 15:28 #37995 by Valence
Ooh, I'll grab that when I'm at my PC later. :)

I had that for my old XBox but never played it cos I wanted to finish Pandora Tomorrow first... and then the console died before I could do either.
I remember those games for having the best graphics I'd seen on that original machine so it'll be interesting to see how it stands up now on PC.

19 Nov 2021 21:21 - 19 Nov 2021 21:23 #38004 by Valence
And it's now in my library. :aha:
Apparently it's only 4GB too so if I wanted I could install it right away. Best thing about old games. ;)
But not yet...

Instead I've been searching endlessly for some Saltpetre in Witcher 3 to make those bombs. And today I found some!

...in Mad Max.

Tis over yonder by the smoke, but never mind I do need it in that game too. But the irony made me want to howl at the moon like Dinky Di...

PS. I should also admit that I am about to get some for Geralt too after fast travelling back to White Orchard to purchase some missed Gwent cards. I'm pretty sure that herbalist woman there will have the much-needed bomb ingredients. :)
Attachments:

19 Nov 2021 21:34 #38006 by Charlotte
Those herbalists are dangerous people...

20 Nov 2021 21:48 - 20 Nov 2021 22:03 #38011 by Valence
"Oh, yeah? Well who's been eating MY porridge??"

Yes, it seems like Goldilocks and her friends got attacked by the three bears. :lol:
Ignoring fairy tales for the moment, three is a bit more than I would expect. We'd already had to battle three wolves and two massive spiders just down the path and I did see two bears ahead and as I charged and swung my fine Ebony blade the third one literally jumped over me from behind some trees to make it a crazy three-way attack.

But that was all at the end of this session. Before that I found the missing Moon Amulet for Kharjo and set off on the journey to return it to him. Hmm, it was a long time since he asked me for that, where is he again?
*turns on quest marker for a moment to check*
Ah, he's at Shor's Stone on the road to Riften. So this might be a good time to make that long trip and then I can clean up a couple of other Riften jobs cos I need to speak to the Jarl there about the skooma dealer and I also need to see Vex too about ...something. :paranoid:
So... To Riften via Shor's Stone. :pirate:

It is quite a long walk to Riften though and some of those roads are tricky to navigate when you swing around the east side of that mountain. Let's check the map again to make sure I'm on the right road. Yes, I am. :)
I just follow this and I should meet with Kharjo and- but wait a minute *checks quest marker again*
Where's he gone?
The marker now says he's up at Kynesgrove on his way to Windhelm?! That's miles away!

Oh, yes. Now I remember. Kharjo's with one of those travelling caravans, isn't he?
So should I do a quick U-turn and start chasing him across the map Northwards wherever he's going? 
:hmm:

I think the best answer is NO. :stare:
I shall continue to Riften and stay there and wait for him to come south to me, although I may have to learn more about the schedules of Khajiit travellers to make sure I'm not waiting around forever. :oops:

EDIT: That particular caravan goes all the way up to Dawnstar. That's like the opposite side of the world. I'll never catch up with them. :nope:
Let's put that quest away for a while and he can have his amulet back when we casually bump into each other on our mutual travels.
Attachments:

22 Nov 2021 21:08 #38026 by Valence
Been playing around with the Rockstar Editor in GTA recently which allows you to record short clips of your gameplay and then "film" them from different angles. Also great fun if you like making lots of screenshots (and you know I do) but you do notice a lot more details going on in the background.
For instance, I was just going for a peaceful drive (erm.. after a not so peaceful assassination mission. :oops:) and vaguely recalled a biker going past whist I was trying to record the scenery...

...but then when you zoom the camera in you can see the guy was giving me an insult! :ohmy:

...and carried on as he rode past! :pout:

I don't think anyone likes me in this game. :eyeroll:

Attachments: