May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

28 Aug 2021 21:44 - 28 Aug 2021 21:45 #36273 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I've never been very good with RTS games. Although some may say that I'm not very good at any kind of game. :dumb:

Anyway some Skyrim quests sent me way to the northwest again towards Markarth. I'd hoped for a peaceful ride there on the horses but...

:eyeroll:
And yet, I rolled those eyes too early cos it just flew around, screeched a few times and went away. :woohoo:
If only they were all like that. :)
And so, after matchmaking a couple of lovers, killing a baddie, returning some stuff and buying that house up here I then trekked off  across the mountains to a bleak, misty hideout to complete an unofficial quest of my own...

Long ago I had promised myself a special kind of vengeance against a very specific band of nasty people. At the time I had to go along with them as I temporarily needed their help but I do have a long memory for justice.
What's that you say?
"The Reach will be ours again!"
No. It really won't. :evil:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2021 22:29 - 29 Aug 2021 22:30 #36284 by Valence
Been looking through my library trying to find something to fill the "Story game" gap left by my recent completions. May install Firewatch next, methinks. :hmm:

Meanwhile I continued with another quest near my current location in Skyrim and it turned out to be quite a difficult one. There were far too many Draugr Deathlords around and they can shout just as good as me. Many deaths ensued until I managed to get the hang of the stamina-sapping block/stun move followed by a few well-gulped potions. And after some looting (sadly only partial looting as I got blocked off from a nice-looking chest that I'll have to return for) I ended up very over-encumbered. VERY. :stare:
Even my herd of horses is collectively carrying too much these days so I had to have a slooow walk back to the city.
Then I went to check out my new house. (The one I bought rather than the homestead that I'm slowly building.) I actually thought  that they were gonna give me the abandoned house that was previously "haunted" until I investigated and cleared it out but no, this is a completely different one. And it looks pretty nice inside too.... when you eventually climb the FOUR flights of stairs to get up there...

Yep, that's me with the gang at the top right getting my breath back after the climb. :lol:
Hopefully there'll be some chests inside so I can finally dump some of this loot somewhere.
Attachments:

29 Aug 2021 22:34 #36285 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
You bought a house without evening looking at it first!? :ohmy:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

29 Aug 2021 23:10 #36288 by Valence
That seems to be the way in Skyrim. You get to choose (or rather buy!) the furnishings afterwards but they take your money before you get the key.
I made sure there was a child's room just in case I find some more orphans but there is still one room that isn't decorated so I must have forgotten something important. :dumb:

I wonder if I'll get another housecarl? :hmm:
I'll have to have a talk with the Jarl and remind him of all that I've done for him.

29 Aug 2021 23:24 #36290 by Charlotte
baby dragon? :woohoo:

30 Aug 2021 00:44 #36291 by Valence
Sadly not. But I'm sure there's always a mod for that. :lol:

30 Aug 2021 08:03 #36292 by Charlotte
There seems to be an awful lot of Skyrim mods actually. When I uploaded my Founder's Fortune bundle, I saw somewhere that the whole site started as a Skyrim mods site. Oh yeah, it's their 20th anniversary! :)

Also, among the hundreds of mods uploaded each day, most seem to be for Skyrim. Meanwhile, my bundle has been downloaded a whopping one (1) times. :dry:

30 Aug 2021 11:14 - 30 Aug 2021 14:02 #36293 by Valence
It's the 10th anniversary of Skyrim. :confident:
Or it will be in a few weeks. It was famously released on 11/11/11.
They're actually releasing an Anniversary Edition (another one?!) with lots of mods and a new fishing mode! :dry:

Is your bundle on Nexusmods now?
I may download it and give you a thumbs up. :)

30 Aug 2021 11:57 #36294 by Charlotte
Sorry, I got your games confused. :dumb: It started as a modding site for Morrowind.

and yes my bundle is there :P
If you download it, it will double the total amount of downloads! :woohoo:

30 Aug 2021 14:24 #36310 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming