May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

27 Aug 2021 19:14 - 27 Aug 2021 19:24 #36243 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I just visited the Unknown Worlds Forum (Subnautica games for those not in the know) and they've been CLOSED! :ohmy:
If one wants to talk to other subnauts or ask questions and the like one now needs... Discord. :stare: Or Reddit. :eyeroll:

Edit: they also have something new for their natural selection games called Matched Play that seems to be in Beta. From what I understand, groups of 12 players are divided into 2 teams of six, play one round (I'm not sure of what) and they everybody switches teams. Meaning they're still in a team with exactly the same people as before.  :dumb:

(and why doesn't right-click and choose the correctly spelled word work anymore? :stare:)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Aug 2021 19:26 #36244 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
... or Steam

27 Aug 2021 19:28 #36245 by Banj

(and why doesn't right-click and choose the correctly spelled word work anymore? :stare:)

It does. Activate the spell checker before right clicking.

Attachments:

27 Aug 2021 19:34 - 27 Aug 2021 19:37 #36246 by Charlotte
:stare:

EDIT (that was for the spell checker actually existing but requiring me to actually do something for it to work)

Speaking of Steam, though, the only person who responds to my posts on Founder's Fortune suggested I'd post my mod on... Steam. (and previously also suggested I join their Discord). I dunno. At some point, perhaps resistance IS futile... :S

27 Aug 2021 19:37 #36247 by Banj

27 Aug 2021 19:38 #36248 by Charlotte
*edited her post. as usual.*

27 Aug 2021 21:04 #36249 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I have now finished Tell Me Why too. :ohmy:

I'm running out of games. :argh:
*checks library of unplayed games*
Well, maybe not. :dry:

It was a little bit too preachy at times (understandably so, I suppose) but it was an excellent story with an interesting ending. Not quite the emotional power of other games I finished recently but still satisfying. :aha:

At least when I uninstall this and Hellblade I'll get back over 50GB of disk space. :)

28 Aug 2021 17:10 #36270 by Charlotte
Apparently there's another Norse game out, called Frozenheim. It's more of a village builder it seems. But it is, like Valheim, only in early access and only on Steam. I'm starting to get very annoyed with Steam because it looks more and more like I need to get that, too :stare:

Anyway, it seems to be the kind of game I usually like (was compared to Age of Empires and Banished, by a dev, on Reddit). But I don't really know what "RTS combat" is. Real Time Strategy, yeah, but that doesn't really tell me how the fighting's done. Guess I'll keep my eyes open for this game on other platforms, though.

I saw some screenies and one reminded me very, very much of the viking village on the shore of a Fjord that I tried to build in VRML about 20 years ago. I think I made a longhouse. Might have made the landscape? Or was that only in my head? I definitely never finished it.

28 Aug 2021 17:49 #36271 by Banj
RTS is usually clicking around the area to direct groups of selected troops of different types to move to that position and attack the enemy.

28 Aug 2021 18:04 #36272 by Charlotte
Sounds like Age of Empires, indeed. (Banished doesn't have any fighting)