April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

25 Oct 2018 06:39 #22567 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Wasn't it M C Hammer? :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Oct 2018 11:52 #22568 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
:dry:

25 Oct 2018 12:05 #22569 by Banj
:eek: remakes of classic speccy games like Atic Atac and Knight Lore retrospec.sgn.net/index.php

25 Oct 2018 14:55 #22570 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I already have a Head over Heels remake. :)
One of the best games ever. Brutally frustrating now though.

Sadly not all speccy games aged well. I have the emulator on my tablet (with a SNES one too) and I was shocked at how bad Jack The Nipper was! I remember every aspect of the game being so different. :(

25 Oct 2018 15:01 #22571 by Charlotte

Jack The Nipper

:dumb:

25 Oct 2018 20:33 #22578 by Valence
He used to get spanked until he got nappy rash. Really! :lol:

They don't make games like that these days. ;)

05 Nov 2018 21:01 - 05 Nov 2018 21:02 #22675 by Valence
Welcome to episode three of my travel show where I drift aimlessly around Vvardenfell...
I have now abandoned the guild of Mages and have started to tentatively inquire about the Fighter's guild. I'm still not good on combat but the introductory missions are survivable and it's better than the flower picking that the mages ask me to do (they don't even pay you for the flowers either! You just get a couple of potions. Give me the damn cash!)
Anyway my first fighter's mission was just clearing some rats out of some woman's house. Thankfully I can just about prod them to death with the pointy bit of my sword but this one had me taking on two rats at a time! They did end up as rat meat but my health bar was down to one pixel again. :( At least I got 100 coins for my efforts. Oh, as well as all the stuff I stole from the woman's house. :evil: Sorry, didn't I mention that I was a dirty thief too? :lol:
Speaking of which, I've been trying to inveigle my way into the thieves guild by snaffling a diamond from the alchemist to give to Sugar-Lips. (Don't ask about the name. I don't know either! :shrug:)
And why is it that the diamond costs over 200 coins to buy but when you try to fence it around town you get less than a hundred? Pesky economics of Balmora! I even tried to flog it back to the alchemist but she recognised it as her property and promply killed me with some kind of crazy spell.

And speaking of dying, I think I've finally (and accidently) found one of the main story quests. It must be important because the difficulty is far beyond my current stats. Some guy wants me to go to some Dwamer ruins (?) to find a ... thing. Anyway I can't even get past the fellow on the bridge who immediately kills me with some more of that crazy magic stuff.
I obviously need to level up by grinding through more of the guild quests. And by stealing.

05 Nov 2018 21:28 - 05 Nov 2018 21:30 #22677 by Valence
Replying to myself here to add...

I had another couple of sessions on Jade Empire the other night after giving it a break for a while (I like to mix up my gaming a bit rather than bingeing one of them from beginning to end.)
I have now reached the Imperial City and have set about trying to find and complete the next stage of quests. But I was somewhat surprised when John Cleese turned up as a typical, Monty Python-style character. (And it really IS John Cleese and not a sound-a-like!) It's not the sort of thing you expect to meet while traipsing through medieval China, albeit a fantasy mythical version of the place.
Anyway after overcoming that initial shock I did successfully defeat "Sir Roderick Ponce von Fontlebottom the Magnificent Bastard" in a philosophical debate and now have to return to take him on in a physical battle. But before that I need to try and infiltrate the Lotus Assassins!

06 Nov 2018 11:00 #22680 by Charlotte
oh wow. There are no philosophical debates to win in Guild wars. I'm almost jealous.

Regarding the diamond I believe that's how economics work in real life too. If you try to fence stolen goods you can't get more than the next person will sell it for, you know. And trying to sell it back to the owner? *just shakes head*

Well, I killed an awful lot of spiders yesterday, but I already mentioned that. And a bunch of reawakened (not alone though, those are multiplayer events - but I like them because everyone fights together without knowing each other or forming groups). I also got so much loot that my backpack was full several times and I ended the night by returning to the nearest city to talk to the bank. :aha:

06 Nov 2018 12:41 #22681 by Banj
Destiny 2 is free until the 18th of November if you like FPS MMO-ish type sci-fi thingies (and don't mind giving Blizzard your phone number).

news.blizzard.com/en-gb/blizzard/2264941...-through-november-18