March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

30 Sep 2018 16:33 #22340 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I wish I could :D
Especially if I could have it ready in a week or so...

so... you fantasize about playing golf? :blink: I think I can say for certain that is one thing I have never dreamt of doing. For real or otherwise.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2018 19:52 #22403 by Charlotte
OK so I've managed to kill a thread again. For the record, though, I prefer to fantasize about going to other planets, or being a norn on adventure, or something. Not golf. Or sports, period.

Today GOG is giving away a game for free if anyone happens to have an account there. I know nothing of the game but downloaded it anyways. Shadow Warrior 2.

04 Oct 2018 20:31 #22404 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Threadkiller! :evil:

I think it's about 25 years since my back was able to do something as elaborate as a golf swing. :lol: And these days I don't even fancy walking the length of a course (or a hole!) But I can do the three-click classic swing and after enjoying the Ryder Cup victory I did need to have a quick play.
I quite enjoyed sports as a kid but never actually played golf. Far too expensive. I did once own a hand-me-down 3-iron but never got the chance to hit a ball with it, mainly because you need about 200 yards of space for it to fly into. :P So I mainly stuck to football as a youngster until I realised that the big problem with team sports is... the rest of the team. :lol: But then video games were invented and saved us all from physical effort!

I don't think I've heard of Shadow Warrior. Any good?
I do wish free games didn't require an account. Although saying that, I think I got Beneath A Steel Sky from GOG back in the day. Can't remember my username and password though. :lol:

05 Oct 2018 07:07 #22405 by Charlotte

So I mainly stuck to football as a youngster until I realised that the big problem with team sports is... the rest of the team.

Indeed! Just like life! :D

But then video games were invented and saved us all from physical effort!

Amen!

I don't think I've heard of Shadow Warrior. Any good?

I have absolutely no idea. I downloaded the installation file but so far that's it :P

17 Oct 2018 19:54 - 17 Oct 2018 19:56 #22486 by Valence
I've just started playing Morrowind after picking it up at my local "antique games" store. (I was a bit miffed at the price. I usually only have to shell out a coin or two but for this I had to hand over paper money! Must mean it's good, or rare.)
Anyway I'm only an hour into it but I can already tell it's a big commitment, with a surprising amount of reading involved (don't get me wrong, I like reading, but trawling through page after page on a TV screen is the stuff of late-night headaches.)
At the moment I've accidently joined the Guild of Mages and now I have to find some mushrooms for... someone.
I'm enjoying it so far but I can understand how it might easily turn into something like this...

18 Oct 2018 08:54 #22489 by Charlotte
:lol:
well I actually played some guild wars yesterday for about 45 minutes or so. Had enough time to re-acquaint myself with one of my older characters which I have apparently not played in two years (judging by the number of birthday presents in her post), make new armor (which turned out to not be better than what she already had), color it a really nice almost black color (one of the birthday presents) and kill some worms. Or is that wyrms. I think it's worms. o.O

I also spent a large part of yesterday reorganizing my zoo (yet another game...) for the third time I think...

18 Oct 2018 11:59 #22490 by Valence
Last night I thought I'd spend a few minutes doing that Morrowind mushroom quest before moving on to something else but ended up spending nearly two hours trudging through numerous swamps trying to find Bungler's Bane! (That video is quickly becoming scarily accurate! :lol:)
The endless searching was made even more challenging by the way I kept getting attacked by whatever tiny creature was in the vicinity. It's one thing to be in a great battle with huge dragons but it feels rather pathetic to be harrassed to the point of death by little rats and microscopic worms.:blush:

I clearly need to work on my combat skills. In the end I just kept running away from them due to the fact my health bar was down to two pixels! But I did eventually find my Bungler's Bane and thankfully there was a nearby silt strider to return me to Balmora so I didn't have to go all the way back through those swamps to take on the horror of those deadly worms and rats!

18 Oct 2018 12:04 #22491 by Charlotte
:blink: and you complain about aywas talk being unintelligible...
but mosquitos! In GW2 they are obnoxious. And quite large, admittedly. However, they are the animal responsible for the most human deaths a year, I believe. Small critters should not be underestimated.

18 Oct 2018 13:32 - 18 Oct 2018 13:33 #22497 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Gaming
yes I heard about Telltale Banj, I'm actually really upset about it :( but if they had concentrated on what the people wanted (The Walking Dead/Wolf Amongst Us) and not focused on games that people didn't (Minecraft/Batman/Game of Thrones) they might have stood more of a chance.

Gutted is the word!

Little Nightmares is on my purchase list for next week when i'm off, my son said it's very similar to Limbo and Inside in gameplay, it looks good.

I have Detroit Become Human to play, Life is Strange 2, replaying Heavy Rain (love that game) and The Walking Dead waiting for me to break up to play them. Going to be a good week!

18 Oct 2018 13:33 #22499 by Charlotte
:dumb: