April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

14 Jan 2021 17:56 #33164 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

the recent ones were a bit too moneygrabbing

EA Games :aha:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2021 18:03 #33165 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
But they don't have the exclusive Star Wars license anymore. :cheer:
Apparently Ubisoft are making one next. And I saw Bethesda teasing an Indiana Jones thing too.
I was gonna post the video link for that the other day until I watched it and it revealed absolutely nothing. :eyeroll:

15 Jan 2021 02:59 - 15 Jan 2021 03:00 #33166 by Valence
Yay, I finally got to play Metro 2033.
They seem to have pigs too but they don't appear to have testicles. :dry:

Poor piggies.

And Jurassic World was ready to play too but I'm really not good at these management things.
Building Obstructed.
Building Obstructed.
Building Obstructed.
Building Obstructed.

Finally I get to place it somewhere and...

...apparently the path connection node was on the opposite side of the building so I guess everyone has to walk all the way around at a funny angle.
What a marvellous piece of design and planning from me. :whistle:
Attachments:

15 Jan 2021 06:56 #33167 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I took a look at that free star wars game, but it was 60 GB and required an "EA Origin account". Which I'm pretty sure I don't have and don't care signing up for so... I'll pass.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

15 Jan 2021 12:34 #33168 by Valence
I don't think I have the EA launcher. I have all the others but that one has escaped my collection so far. :lol:
But I agree that the size of modern games is depressing and baffling. I don't know what they cram into them to make them so big. :dunno:

Seems unlikely I'll get to play this one but I've claimed it anyway just in case. ;)

I had to go through a new Captcha thing last night when trying to play Jurassic World. I'm used to the traffic lights and fire hydrants but this one kept asking me to draw boxes around cars and I apparently wasn't doing it right. That's another thing to practise if I'm going to pretend to be human. :dry:

15 Jan 2021 21:27 #33170 by Valence
Spent all evening trying to install a graphics card. :dry:
Yes. A graphics card! :argh:

Took 40 minutes of repeatedly rebooting in Safe Mode to get the BIOS and Windows to recognise it.
But it is working now and the settings are high and the framerates are smooooth. :aha:

I now just have to hope that it doesn't blow my weakling Power Supply. :unsure:
If I suddenly stop logging on here from my PC then you know what's happened. :lol:
(And I'm only half joking with that.)

15 Jan 2021 22:23 #33175 by Charlotte
Your message suggests that you have some other device to log in from... in which case we wouldn't know you stopped logging in from your PC :stare:

I spent considerably more than 40 minutes (more like, almost all day... :dry:) trying to build a new flying machine in Planet Nomads. Well, first I had to get the wobbly one back to my base. Then I started a new game in creative mode (which, in spite of not being "playable" and seemingly just for building stuff, included the intro info and crash landing) to play around with ideas, pretty much none of which worked... Then I gave up and returned to the actual game to just try to build "by feel". I'm not done yet but I seem to have built a bus. Which will fly. Eventually. And hopefully not wobblily... (:blink: @ spell check accepting "wobblily")

And now I am so so so sleepy. And the game once again stopped responding when quitting/saving. But eventually it worked too. phew. :zzz:

16 Jan 2021 18:10 #33181 by Charlotte
Finished my flying magic mystery bus... Need to stock up on supplies and see if I have enough to build the "Odysseus" (portal off planet).

But instead.... I couldn't wait for Below Zero any longer. And... They certainly changed things. Poor Sam :(
Currently I'm just gathering resources and making the initial tech. And taking screenshots of the much more colourful sunsets and sunrises. And collecting creature eggs that weren't there before. And getting "iced" by stoopid swimming birds. (Not the pengwings.)

16 Jan 2021 18:52 - 16 Jan 2021 18:53 #33183 by Valence

I couldn't wait for Below Zero any longer.

You're too impatient. :lol:

And speaking of impatience I am currently installing Trials Rising so that I don't have to play it at 3am on GFN.
30GB?? :?

*waits*

16 Jan 2021 19:27 #33186 by Charlotte
what? moi!? :ohmy: