April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

20 Jan 2021 20:49 #33244 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Banj must be one of those people who customizes characters to look like himself. :)

I tried to play a bit of Trials this evening but got booted out of a challenge when Ubisoft's servers went down. :shakefist:
But it's really a single player game. I don't NEED the online ghosts to race against. :eyeroll:

So I went back to Skyrim, died four times and then just ran away from that dragon. :giveup:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2021 21:18 - 20 Jan 2021 22:03 #33245 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
well... I kept running in circles in that dang snow and even the map I have of the area is useless - for me anyway. So... I started a game in creative mode so I can try to map the shit myself in a way that I understand. Without dying constantly. Or running out of supplies... :dry:

edit: but now there's a cat in the way.

edit 2: and while G is sleeping I've come to realise that the map base I'm using (an elevation sort of thing I have no idea how fans produce/get) is too old and inaccurate. Might be the shapes are the same but the coordinates definitely are not. And also, creative mode crashed.... I think maybe the universe is telling me to go to bed... :S

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

21 Jan 2021 02:32 - 21 Jan 2021 02:34 #33247 by Valence
I really hate this spider... :angry:

Yeah, I know it's not a great screenshot but I can't stay alive long enough to compose a better one. :shrug:
I keep charging at it swinging my big axe but it charges right back and spits some nasty poison. I try hiding behind my shield and using my burny sword but the result is the same. And if I try some different tactics and do some dodge rolling it has time to give birth to another small spider and then it's a two on one attack that's over even quicker. :dry:

It's just been killing me for a whole hour so I think it's time to be a coward again. I'm off outside with my big axe...

I'm pretty sure Kaslo is in this direction anyway (not that I have a map- not even a wrong one. :P)
I think the spiders are maybe just protecting some special side quest loot and I've decided that it's loot I can do without. :)
Attachments:

21 Jan 2021 08:09 #33251 by Charlotte
:dry: That thing looks disgusting, but I'm not sure it's a spider... It looks.... mutated :P

21 Jan 2021 15:37 #33254 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Pfft! I've got my own spider enemies to deal with. :eyeroll:

21 Jan 2021 21:07 #33257 by Valence
Real spiders or video game spiders. :)

Another annoyance of that battle is the way that the character drinks health potIons veeery slooowly, a bit like that other Dark Souls clone Remnant.
You're in the middle of a frantic fight for your life, your health bar is disappearing rapidly, so you hit the necessary key only to watch the character casually reach into his pocketses for a potion before sipping at it like a wine connoisseur contemplating a fine vintage from 1841.
Hurry up, you dizzy fool!
Gulp it down quickly before the spider can- :dead:

21 Jan 2021 21:38 #33259 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Real spiders or video game spiders. :)

:hmm: er... yes :paranoid:

21 Jan 2021 21:50 #33260 by Valence
Inclusive OR. :confident:

21 Jan 2021 22:15 #33262 by Charlotte
Meanwhile my spider disappeared... :eek:

22 Jan 2021 15:46 - 22 Jan 2021 15:47 #33268 by Valence
If only ALL spiders were like that. :dry:

I played a bit of Assassin's Creed Syndicate last night after not being able to fit it in for a while. (That's another game I'm considering installing because I do love wasting time wandering around "Olde London Towne" but the 50-60GB is arguing against it.)
I discovered quite a few older missions based around the train that I'd missed previously due to my incessant explorations, so I took the time to do a few of those, including one awkward one where Evie had to shoot some baddies from the back of a carriage that Jacob was driving.
And his driving was terrible! :ohmy:
He kept crashing into walls, knocking me off and then he didn't even stop to let me get back on. :shakefist:
Let someone else drive next time! :stare: