March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

13 Jan 2021 14:05 #33146 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Indo-Raptor vs Merlin. Merlin fails to break through barrier and is almost carried off by human.

So how many dinosaurs do you have left now? :dry: (Seems the second I-Rex was more aggressive than the first?)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jan 2021 14:22 #33147 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I have several islands full of dinosaurs :woohoo: Not sure how many there are left to unlock, maybe only one or two :hmm:

Due to space restrictions I had only one incubation building, meaning the first Indo Rex was released into an empty paddock and then transported into his own enclosure, so he never had anything to attack. By the time the second was created, I had started using the release enclosure for housing other dinosaurs (mostly due to that final mission that seems intentionally designed to end in death and destruction), so he was released into a large group of walking food. The Raptor and Rex both pretty much attacked other dinosaurs before the helicopter arrived to tranquillise them for transport. The Rex's victim actually survived to tell the tale.

Despite all that, I have an enclosure filled only with herbivores that appears to be far more dangerous to the park rangers than any of the carnivore enclosures. Many ranger vehicles have been destroyed in that place. :shakefist:

13 Jan 2021 15:32 #33148 by Charlotte
I'm not sure you can blame the game developers for you releasing a carnosaur among food like that....

So you got campaign end credits. Does that mean there are several campaigns? Any kind of sand box mode?

13 Jan 2021 15:50 - 13 Jan 2021 15:52 #33149 by Banj
There is one campaign (but I guess some of the DLCs add additional campaigns :dunno: ). I got credits after obtaining 5 stars on all islands, then again after completing all challenges on all islands (as you can continue playing after the credits have finished or been skipped), so I guess there are several different ways of completing the campaign. The third island unlocked is a sandbox mode island, but there is also a sandbox mode accessed directly through the main menu. Whether these are the same sandbox/creative island or not I don't know yet as I haven't tried them. Each island is unlocked after achieving a 3 star rating on the previous island, you can then jump back and forth between islands (new stuff is unlocked on each island, so you can then go back to a previous one and use those new items/dinosaurs).

13 Jan 2021 16:14 #33150 by Charlotte
Sounds like I might give it a go some day.... Mostly wishing for Sub Zero to get finished already, though. And meanwhile Planet Nomads is kinda OK. I'm just sort of wobbling around gathering resources and scanning/mapping the planet surface at the moment.

(I've mostly finished the initial quests and have been told to construct a portal and fuel etc for escaping the planet. Story wise the game feels a bit short, given how much planet there is to explore. But I guess I also need to locate the right alien monument for some stuff... and just today I unlocked the mining rig. I'm not sure if that means I'll need gazillions more ore... You can build conveyor belts between machines but I'm not sure I see the point... I don't seem to need anything in overly huge amounts...)

13 Jan 2021 16:17 #33151 by Banj

Sounds like I might give it a go some day....

In 65 million years? :hmm:

13 Jan 2021 16:20 #33152 by Charlotte
something like that :p

14 Jan 2021 17:40 #33161 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
This week's Epic freebie is a Star Wars-y game!
BattleFront 2. The recent one anyway.
I have the original Battlefront game on disc (Disc!? :ohmy:) and I recall it being reasonably entertaining for a while but I know the recent ones were a bit too moneygrabbing on launch. Don't think they're quite as bad now? :dry:

14 Jan 2021 17:43 #33162 by Charlotte
free isn't particularly money grabbing... :dry:

So how do you know my mum, anyway? :stare: And how did you get into the country? I think we're still stopping brits at the border! (but I'm not sure - after all we already got that mutated virus of yours... :S)

14 Jan 2021 17:46 #33163 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
DLC is not always free. :)

And I have addressed all snow-based quarantine stories elsewhere. :stare: