May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

07 Mar 2020 12:33 #28137 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Uh-oh! I'm back in the character creation tool again. :P

Hmmm, now that's the kind of dark-eyed creepiness I wanted for my wizard but at the time I didn't understand how to move the tattoos around. :lol:
But I'm not starting again. :nope:
I just didn't have enough time for playing last night so I spent ten minutes pushing faces around instead.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Mar 2020 12:35 #28138 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Looks quite realistic too (your in game wizard didn't strike me as overly realistic...) - which game was this again? :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

07 Mar 2020 14:34 #28139 by Valence
This is Black Desert Online.
It was free to get at the end of last month, which is the only reason I have it, and it's supported by Geforce Now, which is the only reason I can play it. :P
The base game is still relatively cheap, which is a plus, but it really doesn't do much to help you to understand all the options and cluttered interface. I've spent far too long researching YouTube videos and I still don't understand most of what's going on. But maybe that's just my ignorance of MMOs. :dumb:

07 Mar 2020 14:41 #28140 by Charlotte
I just learn what I need to bash the enemy with either magic fire or arrows/bullets and then I do my thing and ignore "builds" and stuff... :dumb:

07 Mar 2020 15:16 #28141 by Valence
Yes, I never understand all that talk of "builds". :dunno:
I quite liked the way Morrowind dealt with all that by giving you a weird questionnaire like a psychological test. Fallout had something similar too. But when I'm just faced with categories and numbers to punch in then I often do it in a vague, random way and then just pick a class that I like the look of in the shallowest way possible. :lol:
And just like you, when the game starts it's just... BASH, BASH, BASH!

There is a much repeated Skyrim joke that everyone ends up playing as a stealth archer, but not me. Those characters just don't have enough BASH! :)

07 Mar 2020 18:40 #28142 by Charlotte
I tend to en up playing whatever class gets a pet...

07 Mar 2020 22:21 #28143 by Valence
Yep, gotta have those pets! :excited:

I've just had a rather long return to Skyrim.
"A new hand touches the beacon."

...and that was a tough quest, well the end bit was. Just BASHING wasn't quite good enough. I had to resort to magic and summoning "things" along with a lot of that very special spell: Quicksave/Reload. :lol:
So many bodies at the end of it! :argh:
It was absolute carnage!
Attachments:

08 Mar 2020 01:36 #28152 by Valence
...AND (I forgot to mention this) I've now hunted enough bears for that woman with the funny name, but during my hunting attacks those bears had apparently infected me with TWO different diseases without me realising. :ohmy:
I only noticed when I was leveling up and saw that my stamina was lower than usual and coloured red! I'll now have to try and remember where I've stored my "cure" potions. :hmm:
I'm sure one of my horses is carrying them.
*whistles*
*whistles for a different horse*
*whistles for the third horse* :eyeroll:

09 Mar 2020 02:20 - 09 Mar 2020 03:14 #28157 by Valence
Oh, dear. There I am sneaking round Old London Town, minding my own business and the pesky rozzers start to interfere!
OK, I realise that "my own business" is actually killing people and that it may not go down well with The Old Bill but I've enough people to kill without the police getting involved!

"You'll never take me alive, Copper!"
And he didn't. He took me dead instead after repeatedly clubbing me about the head with his truncheon! :dead:

LATER EDIT:

Meanwhile in the other game I've made my way to a village at the coast where I found a huge fishing crowd.... Gotta queue for that fish! :dry:

...and a cat!! :excited:

But not mine. :(
I should try and research how to get pet follower things, because there were loads of people with them in that village. And I even saw someone riding what looked like a camel! :blink:

Anyway... bed now. *yawn*
Attachments:

09 Mar 2020 09:12 #28158 by Charlotte
Yay for cats!
and there's probably a setting where you can hide other players names - then you can pretend they're just extraordinarily annoying NPCs! (And the fishing crowd would look like they found a dead whale and are extremely interested in what it might be.)