April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

29 Feb 2020 12:44 #27997 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Ooh, yes. I'd forgotten about that. :hmm:
I do know where he is now thanks to quest markers on the map and it is that area where I keep seeing those Squirrel people hiding in the trees.
Time to march over there and pretend that it wasn't me that did that earlier killing. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Feb 2020 12:51 #27998 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:blink:
I never even noticed any squirrels in the trees.... happily oblivious to their threat! :D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

29 Feb 2020 14:50 - 29 Feb 2020 23:18 #27999 by Valence
One of the gameplay gimmicks I 've grown to like in the Witcher 1 is when you hold down the ALT key and it automatically labels everything on screen that you can interact with. You obviously don't need it in things like Skyrim where you can interact with everything, but in games that have more limitations it does save a you a lot of time and redundant clicks, and it also helps me (mostly!) avoid the wibbly bloedzuigers!
But another "label" I keep seeing in the swamp area is those Squirrelly Scouts lurking in the distance behind some trees. And when I go to investigate they've always disappeared by the time I get there!

I think they're definitely up to something. :paranoid:

29 Feb 2020 21:02 #28003 by Valence
No, madam. I'm definitely not trying to eavesdrop on that phonecall in the background. No, no, no.
Can't a man just innocently sit down and read his absolutely engrossing newspaper whilst the people around him talk amongst themselves? Why must everyone be so suspicious of me? :dunno:

Attachments:

29 Feb 2020 21:23 #28004 by Charlotte
That guy behind you looks suspicious too....

29 Feb 2020 21:37 #28005 by Charlotte
Decided to see if I could wrap my head around modding again.
Apparently I needed to update some stuff on the Unity Hub. With the hub open I get a small message at the bottom of the screen. "You're using the latest version" Learn more/Dismiss. I dismissed. Next message states "new version available". :dry:

Maybe I misread that first message...

29 Feb 2020 21:43 - 29 Feb 2020 21:44 #28006 by Valence

That guy behind you looks suspicious too....

Oh, I didn't notice him. I was too busy listening to that woman- erm.. I mean, reading my newspaper. :dry:

Then I did a game switcheroo and, even though I wasn't playing The Witcher, the squirrels keep following me!

Unity hub?
Is that for Subnautica or are you doing something even more adventurous? :)
Attachments:

29 Feb 2020 23:02 #28008 by Charlotte
That would be for subnautica. I was thinking of trying something REALLY SIMPLE like only adding an image, but I don't even get where the game saves the in game images... :dry:

I feel so stupid every time I try to understand these things. Yet I have a feeling it can't be all that impossible to comprehend, I just need to find a lose end of string to start unraveling :P

29 Feb 2020 23:29 - 29 Feb 2020 23:31 #28010 by Valence
I sort of know where things are for Steam games but I've never investigated folders for Epic games. And if they don't come with easy instructions I've learnt to leave well alone.
A while back I did have the wonderful idea of manually modifying some face textures in the Witcher but after all my "clever" artistic efforts I just ended up with a purple faced Geralt. :lol:
I quickly copied back the original files!
Obviously I don't know enough about that DDS image format that they use. :shrug:

Another thing I'd like to do is to try and export the 3D character models from Skyrim. I know it's possible but reading through the tutorials just reminds me exactly how much I don't understand these days. :(

29 Feb 2020 23:33 #28011 by Charlotte
What would you do with them once they're exported? The poor things would be lost and homeless!
But that's probably about how I feel about changing things in Subnautica. I see now I've previously also tried to change a simple thing by just disabling an annoying flashing light, but I never got anywhere with that either. Mostly because I never understood how to input stuff in Visual Studio (which, incidentally, now claims my free trial is over.... I can't even recall it being a trial...)