April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

21 Feb 2020 14:06 #27918 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Still sounds better than getting constantly ambushed by 12 drowners, 3 drowned dead and those "wobbly" bloedzuiger things. :dry:

*reloads last save*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Feb 2020 15:30 - 21 Feb 2020 19:09 #27919 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
knock the blood zuigers out and get out of the way before they 'splode!

oh and EDIT: 14% :zzz:

edit +3,5 hours; 24 % :eek:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

21 Feb 2020 20:12 #27921 by Valence
Now I feel guilty for making you wait so long. Forget I mentioned that game. :dry:
I think we should all get together and protest to force them to give you faster internet.

Seriously though, I've never had to wait more than a couple of hours for a game to install. Then again, I've never installed anything over 10GB. :shrug:

And I don't think I've ever got out of the way before those wibbly wobbly things explode. :(
Maybe I should just run away from them. They're not the fastest things in Witcher world. :)

21 Feb 2020 20:50 #27922 by Valence

And after mentioning how tedious the tracking quests were becoming, imagine how overjoyed I was when I had a quest to use my Witcher senses to follow a trail of footprints which changed into a trail of blood and then into a trail of odour. Yay, finally some variety :eyeroll: :facepalm:

You're doing the wrong kind of quest , Banj.

21 Feb 2020 20:52 #27923 by Charlotte
nah I usually get hit by some of that icky green stuff too - but I TRY to get away.

and to be honest I think my internet connection has gone really bad for some reason. It really shouldn't download so slowly and other games (on Bluestacks) keep pausing or freezing and I think it's because Bluestacks loses the internet connection all the time. Maybe for a second or two, but it's enough...

22 Feb 2020 02:48 #27930 by Valence
Just had an hour of assassinating before Geforce kicked my freeloading bottom. :lol:

I reconfigured the keys so I wouldn't have to press W-Shift-Space and then with my new settings it asked me again to press W-Shift-Space to do a different but necessary move. :eyeroll:
Oh, well... I'd better just get used to it.

It's good fun though. A little more shallow and easier than the Ezio games I have, but it's always worthwhile to see some graphics on High settings for once. Grabbed some lovely screenshots too but I won't post them for spoiler reasons. :P

I wonder if your internet troubles are down to WiFi interference with other nearby devices. Or do you connect with those cables that Banj likes to stab with his stapler? When my Wifi suffers from interference I usually go into the router settings and change the channel and that helps a bit. Doesn't make it quicker but it seems to keep the connection more consistent. :shrug:

22 Feb 2020 06:20 - 22 Feb 2020 06:46 #27931 by Charlotte
no wi-fi. I use cables without staples. Or hamster bites.
The game's over 40 Gb though and I seem to have 34 left on my PC now with about 60% left of the game download... :dry:
And why am I up at this hour? Silly cat...

EDIT: ran some checks.
According to provider I should have 12-30 Mbit/s download speed (what I pay for)
Also according to provider I have 4 Mbit/s, which they think is fine. :dry:
According to other speed tests I have 2 Mbit/s (which they think is BAD compared to 12-30... and I am inclined to agree)
Can't find anything that interferes with the speed, though.... I mean, no process or anything that seems to hog all resources...

22 Feb 2020 17:35 #27933 by Valence

And why am I up at this hour? Silly cat...

Clearly Gandalf is providing the required interference. :lol:

22 Feb 2020 18:58 - 22 Feb 2020 19:02 #27934 by Charlotte
Dang. Now I drowned just as I found a place I could picture my base at. Good thing I don't have to start over from zero this time. But... what did I do since my last save? (mostly scouting for a base location i believe, but still... what if I found something real fancy... and forgot.)

EDIT: Oh No! Hardcore doesn't keep your save games if you die! DANG IT. I guess I'll keep to the usual survival mode... :dry:

22 Feb 2020 22:53 #27935 by Valence
Hardcore?! :eek:
Normal or Easy Mode for me. :lol:

In Fallout I've talked my way into helping out with an imminent gunfight. Which should be fun considering my absence of ammo. Maybe I should just point my gun and shout "Bang! Bang!" :dry:
Thankfully I have discovered a store that hopefully will sell some bullets. I just need more money now so I'd better get stealing and selling.
I could also try and win some money after being introduced to the card game Caravan but I have no idea how to play it. I don't know about Banj's Gwent games but it's certainly more complicated than Dice Poker. I trawled through my data tapes and found the rules to Caravan and they were ... looong. I took my time to look at all of the words and still didn't understand it. :dumb: