April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

18 Nov 2019 13:57 #26786 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I had a large update for Subnautica followed by a smaller patch the next day which possibly had something to do with all the complaints I saw about the update having broken the game in multiple ways. I haven't played it since then so I have no idea what changed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Nov 2019 14:02 #26787 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Not sure either. I quit without saving to not upset my modded game - and proceeded to start over in Below Zero instead. They'd changed the beginning so it was just as well I scrapped the old games...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

18 Nov 2019 23:41 #26800 by Charlotte
After several brave deaths through drowning, I finally have a seatruck. Yay. And fish. Lots of fish. Or rather, lots of bottles with tiny amounts of water made from fish. (Not sure why they don't just use more fish to fill a bottle, or, you know, use the bottles with little water to make a bottle with more water...)

19 Nov 2019 01:11 #26801 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Half-Life: Almost 3? :ohmy:

*checks calendar*
*not April 1st*
:ohmy:

But VR. :eyeroll:

19 Nov 2019 10:37 #26802 by Charlotte
2.95?

19 Nov 2019 23:34 #26806 by Charlotte
Seems each separate mod for Subnautica must be fixed since the update. Unfortunately most of the mods I used were added quite a while ago by ModsNexus users that are no longer active *pout* - well I did find three or four of them that were updated...

And I'm playing Below Zero anyway. It's changed quite a bit... (not everything for the better, but I guess it might change yet again). Next session I'll need to find the laser cutter blueprint.

20 Nov 2019 01:20 - 20 Nov 2019 01:22 #26807 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I had a bit of a walk away from Markarth to do some exploring in Skyrim and I found this large structure on a mountain with lots of eagle heads. (At this point I'd usually add a lovely screenshot but it was late evening and the weather was bad.) This made me remember a book I'd read earlier in the game and sure enough, this was the place where that story was sending me.
So I clambered over the rocks and set about searching for the legendary sword of the story while shoving my own sword into the oncoming Forsworn thugs.
I found the item :pirate: and then later discovered a big door leading to Red Eagle's Ascent.
So I opened the door, went in and then climbed... down? :huh?
Ascent? Down? :dunno:
Maybe it'll go upwards later? So I went down. And down. And down. Killed a few more of the Forsworn. And went further down. And down. Until I found another door, which I went through to find... nothing.

And by this time I'd realised that I was probably supposed to start the quest down here and then ascend up the Ascent! :)
But, just like that previous time I ended up several hundred metres ABOVE a dragon's lair, once again I'd approached the place from the wrong direction. :oops:

Anyway... I now have to take the sword somewhere else but not yet. I think I'll go back to snoop a bit more round Markarth. I've found a few more clues about the killer's motive but someone else has started threatening me. Big mistake! I punched him several times until he started to talk. :evil:

20 Nov 2019 12:07 #26809 by Charlotte
I just have to try Skyrim some day... :D

20 Nov 2019 16:33 #26810 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Seems each separate mod for Subnautica must be fixed since the update. Unfortunately most of the mods I used were added quite a while ago by ModsNexus users that are no longer active *pout* - well I did find three or four of them that were updated...

And I'm playing Below Zero anyway. It's changed quite a bit... (not everything for the better, but I guess it might change yet again). Next session I'll need to find the laser cutter blueprint.

I have another small update downloading right now on Steam. Maybe that's to fix the patch that was there to fix the update that was made to fix the game that didn't really need fixing. :hmm:

20 Nov 2019 17:31 #26811 by Charlotte
Possibly :dry:

Now I have my laser cutter but I keep misplacing my air pumps... :s