April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

22 Nov 2019 21:32 #26832 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Nov 2019 02:32 #26833 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
"Uncle" Crassius is definitely a creep! :stare:

You can even find his dodgy books in Skyrim too...

:nope:
Attachments:

23 Nov 2019 20:38 - 23 Nov 2019 21:40 #26842 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Whilst clearing out that mine a few posts back, I noticed that it had quite a few ore veins, even more than I usually see on my travels. So when I got a bit of free time after continuing to investigating murders, clearing up a worker dispute by intimidating the boss, finding out more about the local traders and their troubles with the Forsworn, delivering spicy dogfood etc... I eventually went back to that mine, grabbed a pickaxe and started chipping away...

..and there was absolutely oodles of that gold. OODLES!! :woohoo:
Too much to carry really, but I carried it anyway and walked out very slowly indeed.

"Divines smile on you," said Pavo as I was leaving, thanking me for killing all those Forsworn, "If you find any gold ore I'll pay a good wage for it."
Well, you know what, Pavo? I think I might just keep it all for my good self. :lol:
Not that I'm some Smaug-like hoarder of all thing shiny. No,no,no,no. :nope:

Actually I think I might use it for some crafting when I get back to my Riverside Lodge. Could make some fine jewellery (especially with all the amethysts and garnets I've been picking up) and I might start trying to craft some armour too once I get the hang of it.

EDIT: And I still hate drift racing. :(

It's hard enough to go round corners normally so why do I have to go round them sideways for extra points?! :?
Attachments:

25 Nov 2019 15:36 #26857 by Charlotte
Yesterday various glitches in Subnautica Below Zero made me dead several times over and I lost a couple of things that had required quite a few resources to build... but I did find lots of blueprints needed for base building. So I figured I'd get started one that today, but I can't seem to decide on where or care or whatnot. Losing items (and life) so unnecessarily kind of takes the fun out of things. Also, I think saved games will be wiped come next update. Or if it was the one after.... Not sure, really. Anyway they're apparently re-writing the whole story so I guess the finished game will be released later than originally planned. Maybe I should just get into creative mode and work on my map (except things might change regarding that, too... If not as much as the story line)

25 Nov 2019 15:57 #26858 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
All that is pretty much why I held off on getting it until it's actually finished and released properly.

25 Nov 2019 16:13 #26859 by Charlotte
I know. But I enjoy it anyway and if they change the story it'll be like getting a whole new game! :woohoo: (Although some things will remain the same and locations will...)

But yeah, the glitch where I died every other time I exited my prawn suit was rather annoying. I needed to enter it for air after all. And since I died all the time, I used the prawn storage for stuff I didn't want to lose when dying, and then I somehow smashed the whole suit to smithereens... :dry:

25 Nov 2019 16:26 #26860 by Banj

I used the prawn storage for stuff I didn't want to lose when dying, and then I somehow smashed the whole suit to smithereens... :dry:

I had to do that in a Subnautica playthrough. Filled up the storage with Kyanite, then had to abandon it after it was damaged and I couldn't repair it fast enough. I watched it explode as I had to rush away to get air and just made it back to my cyclops as the screen was turning black. Death narrowly avoided, precious materials wiped out. It also meant I had to make a dangerous journey back up to the surface in order to build another Prawn. It's a hard life surviving on a water covered planet.

25 Nov 2019 16:37 #26861 by Charlotte
and you don't even need that much kyanite to finish the game... :dry:

25 Nov 2019 16:46 #26862 by Banj
I believe it was my first time playing the game so I had no idea how much I needed or if I could find any anywhere else. Not to mention the fact I had to get some to be able to go as deep as I was going without my vehicle dying and exploding (hence why It 'sploded in the first place).

So I needed Kyanite to go deep enough to obtain Kyanite.

25 Nov 2019 17:11 #26863 by Charlotte
ah yes, a not entirely uncommon situation in Subnautica...