March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

27 Nov 2019 02:26 #26884 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I see there's yet another Steam sale. I wasn't expecting one until Christmas but I guess they like to squeeze another one in to cash in on the Black Friday madness.

Hmm, will Bethesda be kind and discount the Skyrim DLC? .... No! :eyeroll: Just the special edition again. :rage:
I'm gonna end up having to pay the full extortionate price for all that, aren't I?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Nov 2019 08:59 #26885 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
GOG seem to have sales every week.

And Swedish shops seem to have misunderstood something about this whole Black Friday thing. They have Black Week. Ranging from Monday to Thursday. :huh: Maybe they just try to beat the BF sales... :dry: (Aaaand that had nothing to do with gaming...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

27 Nov 2019 12:35 #26887 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
It's not just Swedish retailers, everyone now thinks "Friday" means "November".

27 Nov 2019 13:38 #26889 by Charlotte
maybe we should just have everything at once all year round. It's headed that way anyway and is sure to please today's young ones...

28 Nov 2019 02:48 #26894 by Valence
Don't forget that when it's all over you get... Cyber Monday! Whatever the hell that is. :dry:

I started a quest in Skyrim that ended up with me getting another follower tagging along. He overheard the conversation at the start and then asked if he could come along. The more the merrier, I say, he may come in useful.

Then again...
He wouldn't get on a horse so we had to keep stopping to wait for him to catch up as he ran along several metres behind...

...and then with every bandit and wolf and weird mage that was met along the way, he kept on joining in with the fight despite having no weapons or armour. And where the hell has he gone now? Oh wait, is that him down there?

:dead:
Not that useful after all. :shrug:
Now should I reload and try harder to keep him alive? :hmm:
Attachments:

28 Nov 2019 11:35 #26897 by Charlotte
Probably not :dry:

04 Dec 2019 03:10 #26952 by Valence
Didn't need him anyway (although he apparently does make the quest easier. :shrug:)

And on my way back home I "found" another horse...

...a lovely grey one.
You can't have too many! Not with all the unnecessary stuff I have to try and carry. :lol:
Attachments:

07 Dec 2019 02:09 - 07 Dec 2019 02:10 #26990 by Valence
Back with creepy Uncle Crassius in Morrowind *shudder* but at least I get to keep my clothes on now...

...and I'm wielding my Cloudcleaver axe to keep him at a safe distance. :lol:
He still insists on calling me "dumpling" though. Or "pudding!" Hmm, which do I like better? :nope:

And as I progress in the Hlaalu story I'm beginning to see how they're linked to the Camonna Tong gang which is obviously going to conflict with my Thieves Guild shenanigans. I feel like some tough choices are ahead.

I also got a bit sick of not making progress with the Mages Guild quests and decided to do some training to get me up to the required level for promotion. Must have cost me over two grand to get the necessary stats up to the right number. :eyeroll:
But now that I have the rank of Conjurer (albeit a much poorer conjurer!) Edwinna has given me another job looking for Dwemer stuff. Hopefully I might learn some more about where those damn books are to keep Trebonius happy.
Attachments:

12 Dec 2019 14:43 #27065 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Wasteland 2 director's cut classic digital super dooper amazing wonderstoundazing ultimate LEET edition game (or something like that) Free for the next 23 hours or so on gog.com

12 Dec 2019 14:44 #27066 by Charlotte
I feel exhausted just reading that... :dry: