May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

02 Jul 2023 11:36 - 02 Jul 2023 11:37 #46085 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I finished the last two episodes of Silo last night and was a bit disappointed with the "twist" ending.
Also certain details didn't seem to be explained very well (I'm sure I didn't fall asleep :dry:) and I ended up having to look things up on the internet to work out what those obviously clunky bits of exposition meant. And, once I knew that, some of the character's behaviour in previous episodes didn't completely make sense.

I'm now wondering if I should make the effort to find and read the books. Probably not. :shrug:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jul 2023 11:55 #46086 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I have one episode left of Titans and feel a bit the same way. Like I feel I keep losing track of what's going on but I suspect it's a lack of actual logic that just makes it impossible to follow here and there. Plus I still get annoyed by the characters. Everybody has this constant need to prove themselves (which means they do their own thing when they should cooperate), Dick never listens to anyone but himself (and for some reason I have a hard time accepting his look - I know he's muscular but he just looks kind of chubby to me - but if he actually was chubby I don't think it would be an issue for me...), and the possible villain changes his mind every time someone talks to him. And quite beside all that I've never understood the whole "cult that wants to bring about the destruction of the entire planet and yet somehow seem to think they will still live on afterwards" thing.

Anyway, one episode left and then it's onwards to the latest Witcher season.
And I have an episode of Sanditon I haven't seen yet! :woohoo:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Jul 2023 15:22 #46087 by Charlotte
Seriously. "This gate [wormhole] requires the equivalent energy output of 10,089 earth suns, which one alien person can easily supply if they want to."

Or "Stop the bus [which has enough room for 8 people, a dog, some sort of social/science area AND a hidden car] so I can take the car and drive ahead of everyone so we can all arrive at the same time anyway."

:facepalm:

02 Jul 2023 15:54 #46088 by Valence
Science. :aha:

I think I may leave The Witcher until all the episodes are there at the end of the month. I had to pause for a bit in the middle of Silo for those reasons and that didn't help me enjoy it. :)

02 Jul 2023 16:12 #46089 by Charlotte
I've been considering it, but I don't really have much else to watch. I think maybe the Sanditon episode is the last or next to last and they're only one a week anyway, and Midsumer murders are also only one a week. Then again, maybe I'll just keep decorating my Skyrim homes (and uhm, not actual homes) instead.

03 Jul 2023 22:17 #46104 by Charlotte
I finally got around to watching Sea Beast (it was that or going to bed by 9 pm...). I liked it but I hope there was some sort of age limit because I'm not sure it'd be a suitable watch for younger children...

Anyway, now it's past midnight I'd say it's OK to go to bed, after all :)

04 Jul 2023 00:07 #46106 by Valence
I can't remember if I watched that or not. I think I did. :dumb:

I'm now getting through the third season of that rather silly show, See, where lots of blind people are still going to war against other blind people for ... blind reasons. :paranoid:
And what weapon would be perfect for blind armies?
A trebuchet of course. :blink:

04 Jul 2023 08:48 #46108 by Charlotte
No wonder they're at war. They probably target their own houses and then blame it on the enemy... :dry:

04 Jul 2023 11:18 #46110 by Valence
They've been surprisingly good at aiming throughout the whole series. :dry:

04 Jul 2023 11:51 #46111 by Charlotte
Maybe they're all just pretending to be blind :paranoid: