May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

12 Jul 2023 14:48 #46261 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
While waiting for the arrival of season two of Foundation and enough episodes of The Witcher, I have begun watching Snowpiercer.
And the concept is still as silly as the movie but I wasn't really expecting too many changes. :shrug:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jul 2023 13:26 #46312 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I have now seen The Wonder, which I thought was alright and reasonably interesting. The bookending with the studio set I am not sure about. I get what it's about, but I don't think it was needed. It has some nice cinematography (and I actually quite liked the music).

16 Jul 2023 15:02 #46316 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I agree the studio set scenes were not needed. I'm not even sure what they were about. :dumb: I'm not sure how they changed the story or how we perceived anything... And if they didn't change anything, they were definitely unnecessary. And the music. I can't recall much now, only that it seemed more apt for something else, like maybe a horror flick.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

16 Jul 2023 20:36 #46318 by Charlotte
I just watched a French Netflix film called BigBug. It was absurd and fairly entertaining and seeing as it was about the dangers of AI I guess it is also relevant. Sort of. :P

18 Jul 2023 10:57 #46336 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I finished watching Season 6 of Black Mirror last night. I thought it was better than the previous season, and I give it bonus points for having Sapphire and Steel on the TV in one episode. 

26 Jul 2023 17:19 #46454 by Charlotte
I decided to start watching the Witcher, because the second half of the season should be arriving shortly, right? But I found myself divided, as I don't recall almost anything despite the recap, and the beginning of the third season is both very similar and very dissimilar to the book which I am kind of in the process of not really reading. So I'm thinking I might need to re-watch the previous seasons, or at least the second season, to make me remember the TV series and forget the books.... :dumb:

And while I ponder this, I'll play some more Skyrim :pirate: :woohoo:

30 Jul 2023 00:37 #46503 by Valence
Just noticed that Westworld is being repeated on TV so I just checked the streaming box sets and all the episodes are there again. :excited:
So I've immediately started rewatching season three so that I can get around to finally seeing season four later in the week. :aha:

30 Jul 2023 10:32 - 30 Jul 2023 14:25 #46507 by Charlotte
I'm rewatching the previous Witcher season as I am apparently not remembering much at all... I am, however, still amazed at how Yennefer tries to hide/flee/look inconspicuous in a bright purple cape.... Maybe she should just change her clothes? :dry: And I might have said it before but I also find it amusing that the extremely rare faenniewedd (however you spell that) is just african violets.

Edit: Oh I remember being amazed by this! They portal to a house where everyone's dead then go straight to the two already saddled horses outside. I wonder if saddled horses are a side effect of making portals? :hmm: 

12 Aug 2023 17:27 #46647 by Valence
I almost finished Westworld last night but I just could not stay awake through the final episode no matter how much I wanted to or how much I kept rewinding and rewatching. :shrug:
​​​​​​I will try again tonight. 

13 Aug 2023 17:17 - 13 Aug 2023 17:20 #46661 by Charlotte
Really spoiler, if you haven't already finished the last Witcher season...
Warning: Spoiler!

I also think I'll have to watch the season again, possibly after reading further in the book, in order to actually keep up with events. :unsure: