April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

17 Jun 2023 12:44 #45878 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I didn't watch the Babylon 5 series on TV (I think I saw an episode or two) but I have a friend who thinks I should see it and would like it. Then again she also wants me to watch Star Trek and I uh... got kind of side tracked from that, ages ago.

Did you guys watch Babylon 5 and if so, did you like it?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jun 2023 13:49 #45879 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I watched it when it was first shown on TV and got a little bored with it towards the end. I enjoyed it a lot more when I did a complete rewatch a couple of years ago.
I don't think it's aged quite as well as DS9 (which I think is a much better show that managed to capture the feel of a great war more successfully) maybe because of the early excessive use of CGI and all that 90s "future" fashion. But those first two seasons with all the intrigue and mystery about the Shadows and the Vorlons is great TV and the characters of G'Kar and Londo are always entertaining.

17 Jun 2023 14:47 #45880 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
My experience of Babylon 5 is similar to my experience of Farscape. When it started I didn't like it, thought it had some terrible acting and clunky production, and I stopped watching after a couple of episodes. I revisited it sometime in the second season (I think) and actually started to enjoy it more and then went back and re-watched the earlier stuff later when it was repeated. Overall it was quite enjoyable. 

17 Jun 2023 15:13 #45881 by Valence
Never got into Farscape.
Always looked like Muppets In Space to me. :lol:

17 Jun 2023 15:53 #45882 by Charlotte
I think Farscape was also on her "you should watch this list"... I guess I might give it a go, if it's available to me (not sure it is, Farscape isn't). But I thought Vorlons were the ones who read poetry so bad that whole fleets capitulated, monsters vomited and some enemies even died :dumb: (Maybe with a slight exaggeration - I can't recall what Douglas Adams actually said of them - and obviously not what "them" were called, either...)

17 Jun 2023 16:49 #45883 by Valence
Vogons. :stare:

17 Jun 2023 16:53 #45884 by Banj

17 Jun 2023 16:54 #45885 by Charlotte
Oh.
Almost the same thing.
:dumb:

18 Jun 2023 15:10 #45891 by Valence
I was gonna watch Mulholland Drive last night but I didn't have enough time to fit it in after spending too long struggling to install another Oblivion mod. :oops:
So instead I ended up rewatching the live action Ghost In The Shell movie seeing as I finished the animated series the other week.
It's a strange film, the first half is brilliant, especially all the scenes with Kuze, and then it just... fades away at the end.
It's almost like it wants me to fall asleep. :lol:

18 Jun 2023 16:19 #45893 by Banj

the live action Ghost In The Shell